Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

rookie of the year goes to....

yeah, they are all great. We are talking about RB's. That should eliminate two from your list. Actually its my fault, should have limited the responses to RB's only. I think that would have helped.

it would have helped if you had just not started this thread in the first place

HTH

Dwight Freeney did not start for the colts until week 9. He was the 11th pick in the draft and became a pro bowler the next year. This was for a defensive team that desperatly needed any help it could get. Tony Dungy is bringing him along slowly - just like he did Freeney. There is absolutley no reason for them to give him 25 -30 carries a game right now. They will keep him fresh and let him learn slowly. Obviously this is all my opinion. If I thought I could get Addai I would do it now. Especially in any keeper or dynasty league. Again, just my opionion.

BEST REPONSE OF THIS THREAD. Listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about. :mad:

if you are talking JUST rbs..then yeah..addai is in the running for all rookie for rbs..

but maurice-drew had another long td today...

the media loves what bush can create..and how defenses have to worry about him...

maroneys been fabulous...dillon isnt going anywhere..but his playing time is being cut down..when a guy is always producing, you HAVE to play him..and maroneys been playing...

itll be close...

but addai isnt the leader...im not sure anyone is..i dont think rhodes has been awful btw..he did score today..

i dont dungy THAT well..with edge, that was THE guy and when u have THE guy, theres no reason for RBBC..

you cant lose depth..so both will stay..but the trade deadline is the 17th...i wonder what teams may trade someone? *warner out of AZ is 1 idea*....warner can help someone and wants to start..and they need to move into the leinart era...

if you are talking JUST rbs..then yeah..addai is in the running for all rookie for rbs..

the media loves what bush can create..and how defenses have to worry about him...

maroneys been fabulous...dillon isnt going anywhere..but his playing time is being cut down..when a guy is always producing, you HAVE to play him..and maroneys been playing...

itll be close...

but addai isnt the leader...im not sure anyone is..i dont think rhodes has been awful btw..he did score today..

i dont dungy THAT well..with edge, that was THE guy and when u have THE guy, theres no reason for RBBC..

you cant lose depth..so both will stay..but the trade deadline is the 17th...i wonder what teams may trade someone? *warner out of AZ is 1 idea*....warner can help someone and wants to start..and they need to move into the leinart era...

Wow, where have u guys been? great point and agreed. Just wish that others would understand where i was coming from. This thread SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOR RB'S. my mistake and fault. Thank u to all that responded.

I love how this guy is Mr. Internet Tough Guy at the beginning of the thread and now is trying to play nice.

Maroney was the best back in the draft and will end up with the best stats by year end. He is already beating Addai and having to share carries with a much better back. Plus the pats will have more rushing scores then the Colts. I bet Bush will have more yards then Addai so he'll come in #2, and Addai will come in #3 with a nice mix of yards and td's.

I'm an Addai owner and I wish it wasn't true, but it is what it is.

itll be close...

Rhodes is awful, IMO. He doesn't use / read is blocks well, is indecisive, and doesn't have any explosion. Addai looks an awful lot like Edge, IMO. He has a maturity to his running style - he is patient with his blocks, yet he is decisive when he sees a hole. He has great hands and is a very good blocker. If you put Addai in a #32 jersey, I don't believe anyone in Indy would notice edge is gone. I don't say that lightly. Edge was my favorite Colt, and I thought they where stupid for not trying harder to resign him. I can't remember the stat exactly, but the colts won something like 75% of the games edge played in and were far below .500 in the games he missed. That's not someone that is easily replaced. But as a huge edge fan and a die-hard colts fan, I believe Addai will fill the hole Edge left - just like Edge filled the unfillable hole that Marshal Faulk left.

I love how this guy is Mr. Internet Tough Guy at the beginning of the thread and now is trying to play nice.

Maroney was the best back in the draft and will end up with the best stats by year end. He is already beating Addai and having to share carries with a much better back. Plus the pats will have more rushing scores then the Colts. I bet Bush will have more yards then Addai so he'll come in #2, and Addai will come in #3 with a nice mix of yards and td's.

I'm an Addai owner and I wish it wasn't true, but it is what it is.

now u are hurting my feelings after a great day of fantasy football. where did u get the idea that i am mr internet or a tough guy? i am a nice guy, that will listen to folks here, and respect their ideas. I am sorry but i totally disagree with u when it comes to Maroney and Bush. Addai, will be the ONLY RB that will shine this year, and will be recognized for it. There are sooo many articles by pros that know what they are talking about saying the same thing. I dont care about them, but i care about my opinion. AND U ARE WRONG. PERIOD. NOW GO GET YOUR OWN THREAD.

did you guys forget about Colsten, the obvious choice, everyone else is just a backup, Colston has become THE man in New Orleans, leaving behind only memories of Joe Horn