Sign in to follow this  
Camaro24

Question about trading

I'm curious how other leagues deal with people backing out of trades? Our league allows for owner voting and not a single commish vote. I'm wondering if both sides accepted and one side wants out and the trade has not gone through should an owner be able to back out during the voting process?

By your league rules, the trade is not complete until the voting process is complete. No reason they should not be able to.

By your league rules, the trade is not complete until the voting process is complete. No reason they should not be able to.

I agree. Trade was agreed upon and ACCEPTED by both parties. Trade should stand.

I've had numerous trades go bad after both sides have agreed to it. No trade is final until the players change hands. If you force a trade, dont expect alot of willing trading partners in the future.

I've had numerous trades go bad after both sides have agreed to it. No trade is final until the players change hands. If you force a trade, dont expect alot of willing trading partners in the future.

Yeah I kinda see it from both sides. Your right that neither player has swapped teams yet so the owners should be able to back out at anytime, but at the same time if one backs out and the other wasn't expecting it, then that can cause conflict. Think it's something to be brought up at next years meetings.

You need to tighten up your rules. In my league, I (as Commish) require either an e-mail or a posting on the site FROM BOTH PARTIES that a trade has been accepted by both. Unless I veto it, it is complete at that point regardless of when I actually consumate the deal. No room for error.

If you want a league vote, same thing regarding notification. At the point of public agreement it's a done deal.

In my cases its usually more verbal. We agree but when the proper trade mechanism is activated, the other owner gets cold feet. Altho I did have one this year where he forwarded my email to the commish with agreement and a few hours later withdrew the agreement saying he had changed his mind. Its a friendly league so when the commish asked me what I wanted to do, I withdrew the trade.

In our league, we have the following rule:

We have league votes, and a majority is required. The commish is not the say all, end all.

If two manangers BOTH agree to back out of a trade, no majority vote is needed.

IF one of the managers wants out, then he still needs majority vote. Each manager involved in the trade has 1/2 vote, and all not involved have a full vote.

Until the trade is pending (UsingYahoo, it has been accepted and potentially other have seen it), the a manager can back out of the trade. Once it is pending, it require BOTH managers agreeing to back out or majority vote.

If two manangers BOTH agree to back out of a trade, no majority vote is needed.

Yeah, so we don't have voting but a trade is a trade. If both managers want out, they can trade back immediately (but not after 1 week.. no tradebacks allowed).

Overall though, once you hit "accept" it's official unless veto'd.

I'm actualy taking a law class and we talked about pretty much exactly this in class last night. Well we weren't talkin about fantasy football but about contracts. When it comes to contract an offer becomes offical when whomever is being offered the contract recieves the contract. If someone faxes an offer and it never gets to where its suppose to then there is no offer. But when contracts become official is when the signed contract is sent out. So if someone accepts a contract, signs the necessary papers, puts it in an envelope, and then drops it off at their companys outbox, the contract becomes official. Regardless of whether or not the offeeree tries to negate the contract before it recieves it. Even if you put the contract in the outbox and when you get back to your desk they call and say the deals off, the contract still applies.

How this applies to this situation is that i think the trade should go through. You offered and he accepted. But what does it matter, hope it works out for you however you want it to.