Sign in to follow this  
xxx

this bored looks like a help bored

Yes it does.....guess some people don't know better and others don't feel they get input if the post on the help board.

Don't know the solution. Maybe if most people simply stop answering "help me with this trade", "pick my starters" or "rate my team" posts on this board - fat chance, i know. Also might help if a lot of the regulars on this board jumped over to the help board to offer suggestions now and then, making that board a little more lively (maybe they are already doing this?).

BTW - who would you suggest i start this weekend......Rudi or SA (just kidding!).

Yes it does.....guess some people don't know better and others don't feel they get input if the post on the help board.

Don't know the solution. Maybe if most people simply stop answering "help me with this trade", "pick my starters" or "rate my team" posts on this board - fat chance, i know. Also might help if a lot of the regulars on this board jumped over to the help board to offer suggestions now and then, making that board a little more lively (maybe they are already doing this?).

BTW - who would you suggest i start this weekend......Rudi or SA (just kidding!).

Well Rudi and SA are on bye so I recommend Bo Jackson!

Rate my balls.

2 pair dynasty nuts, keeper in pants

Thanks

You should play with one and the other looks like a sleeper.

others don't feel they get input if they post on the help board.

Don't know the solution.

That's no doubt the reason right there.... most of the advice givers are right here on the main *bored* and all the "who should I start" guys are sitting there on the help bored waiting for other people who need help, and can't answer their question because they don't know what to do themselves, so nothing gets accomplished.... WHEW I feel like I just gave birth with that explanation.. :dunno:

Oh and there really is NO solution.... maybe if we all promise to go on the help page and answer at least 1 question a day it just might work :headbanger:

maybe if we all promise to go on the help page and answer at least 1 question a day it just might work :rolleyes:

Maybe if these people learned to make their own decisions they wouldn't need any help after awhile. I don't understand this at all! It's like joining a pool league and have someone else take all your hard shots for you. What is the point of playing. I have always made my own decision and got beat up in the process but I learned how to play and can hold my own now. I don't ask and I don't answer, you either know the game or you don't so if your going to play learn how.

I've been spending a little time on both boards and this one has MUCH less "help me" posts but there are plenty on here as well. Some post on this board because they don't realize it belongs on the other board but I honestly believe that any fantasy board will have some of this because there is a very fine line between "help me" and asking for opinions or analysis...and if you can't ask for other's opinions or analysis what else does the board contain? But I guess some of these posts are just "help me" posts in disguise.

Maybe if these people learned to make their own decisions they wouldn't need any help after awhile. I don't understand this at all! It's like joining a pool league and have someone else take all your hard shots for you. What is the point of playing. I have always made my own decision and got beat up in the process but I learned how to play and can hold my own now. I don't ask and I don't answer, you either know the game or you don't so if your going to play learn how.

I agree with you there Phurfur...people should be making their own decisions.... you have to gather up all the information you can and then decide on your own.... a lot of people just don't do that, they enjoy talking to other people to get their take on what they should do.... It's an extreme rarity I ever ask a question, because when it comes down to it, I'm going to make my own decision anyway.... but sometimes you like to get a homer view or something of that nature if you're scuming around the waiver wire or something like that.... Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the "help me" people but I'm just sayin whats usually happening... Oh well :rolleyes:

You should play with one and the other looks like a sleeper.

:D

Some post on this board because they don't realize it belongs on the other board

This is sad but true.

I guess the Pink banner with an explanation point that runs across the top of the page just isn't telling enough.

I agree with you there Phurfur...people should be making their own decisions.... you have to gather up all the information you can and then decide on your own.... a lot of people just don't do that, they enjoy talking to other people to get their take on what they should do.... It's an extreme rarity I ever ask a question, because when it comes down to it, I'm going to make my own decision anyway.... but sometimes you like to get a homer view or something of that nature if you're scuming around the waiver wire or something like that.... Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the "help me" people but I'm just sayin whats usually happening... Oh well :D

I agree. I don't personally try and post the typical "help me" questions you see on the board, but again I try to make my own decisions about how I want to tackle things. What would be helpful is if people instead of saying who should I start would be a little more creative and try to get the perspectives of others on how those players match up against which team they might be playing. That's more of just getting information to help answer those questions yourself rather than should I start so and so. I don't take it to heart though if someone posts a question, I just move on.

My .02

As opposed to this post which does nothing buy increase xxx's post count and take up space? Thanks for the heads up Barney Fife. :D

Oh and there really is NO solution.... maybe if we all promise to go on the help page and answer at least 1 question a day it just might work :rolleyes:

I did my part - replied to several help me posts on the help board. :banana: Now time to leave work & go home to my girl. :rolleyes:

Take it to the Help Board. Ask 1 answer 2. That board will work then this board will work. :doublethumbsup:

I got this from another thread but it is the solution.