Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

A team with the best offense and Def (Chicago)

The answer is the Bills in 1965. This Chicago team is way too dangerous, Dolphins record in major jeopardy.

With respect to the 65 Bills, thats the last time a team had the best offense and Def in the league.

You might want to reconsider. Has Grossman every played a full season? Why would he be able to play a full season this year? Just a thought.

The '65 Bills went 10-3-1 on their way to the AFL title.

What the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

No way they go undefeated... Its just doesnt work that way in today's NFL... Even if they go 14-0, they will end up resting their starters and have to play divisonal rivals (GB and Det) in week 16, 17. Now I'm not saying GB or Det is any good, but they will have plenty of incentive to knock Chi from the unbeaten ranks.

Watch out for Miami in Week 9... Just ask the 86 Bears... :ninja:

I love the Bears, but I won't go so far as to say best offense. Best defense, yes. Best offense. Not really. Top 5 maybe. As long as Peyton is throwing to Harrison and Wayne, there is a solid argument that they are the most talented offense. I just can't annoint Thomas Jones, Desmond Clark, Muhsin Muhammed, Bernard Berrian as the best offensive weapons out there. Jacksonville has been pretty scary offensively this year too, without big name receivers. Honestly, New Orleans has looked good offensively too. Let's wait and see if Grossman can stay healthy. I also find it hard to believe that any team can go 16-0 nowadays. I won't believe it until I see it. I could be wrong, but history says I'm right. Regardless, Chicago will represent the NFC in the Superbowl this year.

You might want to reconsider. Has Grossman every played a full season? Why would he be able to play a full season this year? Just a thought.

God i am sick of people saying this......BECAUSE THATS WHAT FOOTBALL PLAYERS DO!!!!........did you see both of his injurys live....cause i did.....their way NOTHING ANYONE could have done physically to prevent those injuries. they were FLOOK injuries and one came on a amzing diving rushing TD against a division rival.

The '65 Bills went 10-3-1 on their way to the AFL title.

What the hell are you talking about? :ninja:

I appologize if i mistated. What i meant to say was the last team that had the best offense and Defense were the 1965 Bills. Sorry if u misunderstood.

I think the 96 Packers had the best OFF and DEF??? Just guessing

Everyone talked about the Colts going undefeated last year. How did that go?

Every year 1 or 2 teams start the season 6,7,8,9 and 0.(HYPE)

I would laugh my A$$ off if the Bears went 16-0. Then lost in the play-offs :ninja:

I appologize if i mistated. What i meant to say was the last team that had the best offense and Defense were the 1965 Bills. Sorry if u misunderstood.

In 1965, the AFL was a thousand miles from the big leagues. Just seems a ridiculously pointless comparison, especially considering that they lost/tied 4 of their 14 games. Hardly the template for a team to go 16-0 in the NFL.

In 1965, the AFL was a thousand miles from the big leagues. Just seems a ridiculously pointless comparison, especially considering that they lost/tied 4 of their 14 games. Hardly the template for a team to go 16-0 in the NFL.

Its the Mon nite crew that was talking about it, and comparing the Bears to the Bills 65. Wont make the same mistake again. Sorry. :ninja:

Lets get the obvious out of the way: DaBears are good. But lets be clear, they do play in the NFC Norris division which means that they have 6 easy games out of 16 on their schedule, ad they've already played the hardest one (at Minnesota).

I think the G-Men and the Patriots will beat them, but 14-2 is still a very good look. I'm not ready to pencil them into the super bowl yet, there are some good teams in the NFC that can give them fits.

Its the Mon nite crew that was talking about it, and comparing the Bears to the Bills 65. Wont make the same mistake again. Sorry. B)

What they said was:

The last team to have the #1 rated offense in pts scored and the #1 rated defense in pts allowed was the Bills.

The Bears are #1 in both right now.

Chicago is playing at a very high level right now, but let's not get carried away. They are getting a rediculous amount of hype right now, which they deserve, but I'm not sure that's such a good thing. Now is not the time you want your team to be peeking.

They aren't going to go undefeated, so let's put that issue to rest. Three or four weeks from now, half the teams you are high on now will be on the down swing and a few teams who came out to slow starts will be building momentum. I'm not saying Chicago isn't legit or anything, I'm just saying it's still early in a long season, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

This thread seems to be focusing on a lot of things that, honestly, aren't all that important right now.

What they said was:

The last team to have the #1 rated offense in pts scored and the #1 rated defense in pts allowed was the Bills.

Thats what i meant, lol. Thanks vlade117.

Lets get the obvious out of the way: DaBears are good. But lets be clear, they do play in the NFC Norris division which means that they have 6 easy games out of 16 on their schedule, ad they've already played the hardest one (at Minnesota).

I think the G-Men and the Patriots will beat them, but 14-2 is still a very good look. I'm not ready to pencil them into the super bowl yet, there are some good teams in the NFC that can give them fits.

the three away games aginst NYG,NYJ,and the Pats is going to be rough.....im also sick of evryone saying the bears sucess is because of a "easy" division.......i mean we buried the seahawks( sapouse to be best team in NFC) he beatthe vikes wich is our biggestthreat in north, the bills defense was sapose to be the ones who stop our offense.....look what happened their.......

What do you consider a good team or hard division....fact is their are only two teams 5-0 and the other team just had trouble beating TENN!!!!!!!!!! come on..payton has had to come from behind in i beilive the last 3 games to win...(correct me if im wrong)........The bears offense is putting up points....and the bears defense dose not give them up.....if the bears can take an early even 7-0,10-0 lead it puts teams in a panic and they are forced to throw wich is even more trouble for the oposing team!!! No one wants to play chicago defense. THEY ARE HANDS DOWN the hardest hitting, most physicall, defense in the NFL.....theirs no one on an oposing offense that dose not wake up with a headache after they play the bears.....it was like that last year and our defense if even betterthen last year IMO wich was the best inthe NFL. Now wehavean offense that no one can seem to stop. Rex(who i thourally sapported thoughout preseason unlike all the others who wanted greise) is becomeing a star QB and can win games........have you guysseen some of these deep balls too berrian????? evry ball PERFICTLY placed.......lands RIGHT into his hands.....this kid has talent andhe has talent around him......Perfict season? it could happen.....i think this team is better then the 85 bears exept at RB position and we are still good their. and the 85 bears lost only 1 game. I do beilive that the bears could benifit from losing one game, but i would not be suprised to see this team have the perfict season and a superbowl ring to show for it....

P.S. Im not jumping on the bandwagon......ive been on it since last year and throught the preseason..

GO BEARS 5-0 BABY AND ON OUR WAY!!!!!!!!

What they said was:

I got that that team may have had less than marquee talent but from the numbers only perspective they were the last. I'm surprised about the Ditka era Bears with their 1 loss season and the White/Favre Packers, but I guess numbers are numbers.

Anyway the talk of perfect season is fun to argue and usually crops up around week 6 or 7 and lasts untill Bonniconti et al pop the cork.

This year the team that is MOST poised to take a run at that record is obviously the Bears. They have very good balance and come from a mediocre division and thus are poised.

If they somehow manage to go 16-0 and then 19-0 it will be an astronomically greater accomplishment than the dolphins' due to the 13% longer season as well as a number of other factors.

I for one, however, give them the same probability of achieving it..... 13%

Its the Mon nite crew that was talking about it, and comparing the Bears to the Bills 65. Wont make the same mistake again. Sorry. :(

And that, my friend, is a red flag that you shouldn't ignore. If the MNF 'commentators' (and I use the term very loosely) are nattering on about something, it probably is something you should never, ever think about repeating.

I'm happy about every $$$ I spent on my big, flat screen plasma TV, but I sure could have saved the bucks spent on the sound system. More and more often I find myself watching with the sound muted. My tolerance for these idiots (not just MNF, though they are the poster boys) gets lower each year.

Though the music I sometimes listen to while watching the games does sound really good.

Chicago is playing at a very high level right now, but let's not get carried away. They are getting a rediculous amount of hype right now, which they deserve, but I'm not sure that's such a good thing. Now is not the time you want your team to be peeking.

They aren't going to go undefeated, so let's put that issue to rest. Three or four weeks from now, half the teams you are high on now will be on the down swing and a few teams who came out to slow starts will be building momentum. I'm not saying Chicago isn't legit or anything, I'm just saying it's still early in a long season, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

This thread seems to be focusing on a lot of things that, honestly, aren't all that important right now.

It seems to me thatthe only place the bearsare getting hyped is in chicago on the radio/TV and on here......you still see 50x more things about TO on espn then the bears.

What they said was:

Again, it wasn't even the same league. It's like using the '29 Yankees stats as a point of comparison. Sheer stupidity.

And that, my friend, is a red flag that you shouldn't ignore. If the MNF 'commentators' (and I use the term very loosely) are nattering on about something, it probably is something you should never, ever think about repeating.

I'm happy about every $$$ I spent on my big, flat screen plasma TV, but I sure could have saved the bucks spent on the sound system. More and more often I find myself watching with the sound muted. My tolerance for these idiots (not just MNF, though they are the poster boys) gets lower each year.

Though the music I sometimes listen to while watching the games does sound really good.

I too have been very very upset with MN football this year just because of the aunouncers......they joke more then they know and i even heard one dude refere to him having a player on his fantasy team and i think he said after adroped pass or something " And thats not good for me because i have him playing on my Fanstasy team tonight"

Im NOT looking forward to what these fools are going to say in this bears game....

How unprofessional is that...I MUCH more enjoy watching SN football with AL and Madden......at least they make it intresting and know whatthey are talking about

"sapose" LMAO that's almost as bad as "resevers" from a previous thread... :banana:

Im sry that not all of us get the greatest education in the world.....i cant spell....so what, dose that make me ANY less smart when it comes to football......do you not have ANYTHING else to say about my posts then "you cant spell".......im so F*cking sick of that......I CANT SPELL BIG WOOPTIE F*UCKIN DOOO.........you just cant find anything that i say to be wrong so you have to attack me about something that has NOTHING to do with professional football or FANTASY FOOTBALL wich this board is for.......so WTF is the point in pointing out that i cant spell.......dose it make you look smarter that you can pick that out.....dose it make you look cool????? not many people on the south side get a good education....thats a fact.....so F*ck you

Im sry that not all of us get the greatest education in the world.....i cant spell....so what, dose that make me ANY less smart when it comes to football......do you not have ANYTHING else to say about my posts then "you cant spell".......im so F*cking sick of that......I CANT SPELL BIG WOOPTIE F*UCKIN DOOO.........you just cant find anything that i say to be wrong so you have to attack me about something that has NOTHING to do with professional football or FANTASY FOOTBALL wich this board is for.......so WTF is the point in pointing out that i cant spell.......dose it make you look smarter that you can pick that out.....dose it make you look cool????? not many people on the south side get a good education....thats a fact.....so F*ck you

Ahahahaha.... settle down big shot... no need to be an e-thug... It made me laugh and so I posted about it. That is all... Education is entirely up to you... dont blame where you live on it... I've seen Good Will Hunting... :thumbsdown:

Take it easy bro, no one is cares about spelling here. Just like football players cant spell, we cant either, take it easy dude. All the best this week in fantasy for your team.

With respect to the 65 Bills, thats the last time a team had the best offense and Def in the league.

What, were there 4 teams in the AFL in 1965? The Bears will go undefeated this year and should certainly be viewed as the best team of all-time, in any sport.

One needs to look no further than Lovie Smith to realize that all of this hype won't penetrate the locker room.

Like he said yesterday, this team hasn't accomplished any of it's goals, and NFL teams can't get excited after 5 games. They're still looking to improve. But for the fans, it's another story, and he believes that the fans can improve too, and get louder. :lol:

I'm not so sure that this team has peaked.... :wall: :thumbsdown:

Ahahahaha.... settle down big shot... no need to be an e-thug... It made me laugh and so I posted about it. That is all... Education is entirely up to you... dont blame where you live on it... I've seen Good Will Hunting... :thumbsdown:

I just see no point in anyone posting something like that, attacking a person mentally. If i make a bad call football wise then plz correct me, make fun of as i wouold do the same and its all in good fun, but saying somthing about someones physical and mental abilities is just wrong......... :wall:

What, were there 4 teams in the AFL in 1965? The Bears will go undefeated this year and should certainly be viewed as the best team of all-time, in any sport.

as for that.......that title gose to the Chicago Bulls.....i wont say best team in history of sports untill they win 3-4 superbowls in a row.....as of right now they are betterthen 85 IMO but like ppl said its a long road, and i strongly belive the bears can run with it....

One needs to look no further than Lovie Smith to realize that all of this hype won't penetrate the locker room.

Like he said yesterday, this team hasn't accomplished any of it's goals, and NFL teams can't get excited after 5 games. They're still looking to improve. But for the fans, it's another story, and he believes that the fans can improve too, and get louder. :D

I'm not so sure that this team has peaked.... :banana: :banana:

very well said :clap: :banana: i too do not beilive we are at our max potential yet.....and thats a scary thought.....when i was sitting in the stands in training camp watching them, i knew they weresomething special....i seen it, and i posted it......when preseason came along....i knew their was something wrong....i dont think they showed anyone anything.....

I just see no point in anyone posting something like that, attacking a person mentally. If i make a bad call football wise then plz correct me, make fun of as i wouold do the same and its all in good fun, but saying somthing about someones physical and mental abilities is just wrong......... :banana:

as for that.......that title gose to the Chicago Bulls.....i wont say best team in history of sports untill they win 3-4 superbowls in a row.....as of right now they are betterthen 85 IMO but like ppl said its a long road, and i strongly belive the bears can run with it....

The Bears have won 5 whole games and you're pronouncing them better than the team that won a Super Bowl? Same team that got whipped at home in last years playoffs? Not saying they haven't improved, but rein it in a bit, Sparky.

The Bulls? No homer colored glasses here. Not even the best in basketball, let alone all sports.

Celtics won 8 in a row and 10 of 11. UCLA won 10 of 12.

And no, I'm not a fan of either. Just a realist.

The Bears have won 5 whole games and you're pronouncing them better than the team that won a Super Bowl? Same team that got whipped at home in last years playoffs? Not saying they haven't improved, but rein it in a bit, Sparky.

The Bulls? No homer colored glasses here. Not even the best in basketball, let alone all sports.

Celtics won 8 in a row and 10 of 11. UCLA won 10 of 12.

And no, I'm not a fan of either. Just a realist.

.....you missunderstood me. I sayed AS OF RIGHT NOW this year the bears are better then the 85 team........And yes their is no doubt in my mind that the bulls 6 championchips was the best Team in the history of sports and had the best player in the history of sports....but this site is not about basketball its about football so i will leave basketball discussion at that....

Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm

Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

Nov 26 @New England 1:00pm

Dec 3 Minnesota 1:00pm

My thinking would be that these previous 4 weeks of games would have taken their toll on Chi and they would just not be 100% as a team, and I feel that they would be upset in St.Louis.

I could be wrong but this is the game I would look to for the upset. That is if they can win all of their games up to this point.

Dec 11 @St. Louis 8:30pm. First loss?

Like he said yesterday, this team hasn't accomplished any of it's goals, and NFL teams can't get excited after 5 games. They're still looking to improve. But for the fans, it's another story, and he believes that the fans can improve too, and get louder. :first:

I'm not so sure that this team has peaked.... :first: :first:

Well now this all remains to be seen doesn't it? We can talk about the coaching, and the fans, and speculate on who's peaked and who hasn't, but the fact is, you don't need to have followed football for very long to realize you can't start penciling in wins after five weeks of the season, and talking about undefeated seasons at this point is flat out silly.

This is a very good football team who has been playing at a very high level in the early season. They also have an inexperienced QB with a history of injuries and haven't had to deal with much in the way of adversity thus far. When they do, we'll know a lot more about this team, but for now, it seems we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

.....you missunderstood me. I sayed AS OF RIGHT NOW this year the bears are better then the 85 team........And yes their is no doubt in my mind that the bulls 6 championchips was the best Team in the history of sports and had the best player in the history of sports....but this site is not about basketball its about football so i will leave basketball discussion at that....

OK. We'll leave it at you being spectacularly, almost incomprehensibly wrong.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how old you were in 1985.

Yes, San Diego's dominance over the explosive offenses of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Oakland was VERY impressive.

There's no doubt in anyone's mind who the best defense in the league is.

I'm not disagreeing that the Bears defense is oustanding. Maybe the best in football.

But how is the above list of opponents much better/worse than Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Seattle and Buffalo?

the bears won't go undefeated. I'd love it if they would but either they'll fall to someone in the next two months or lovie smith will rest his starters and then they'll lose, then all the has- beens from the 72 dolphins will celebrate being part of one of the most overrated teams of all time. then the bears will go up against someone like the redskins and then come up with a strategy like "let's not cover santana moss".

I would laugh my A$$ off if the Bears went 16-0. Then lost in the play-offs :blink:

Well yeah, Packer fans won't be doing much else come playoff time other than wondering if Brett "Interception" Favre will be returning to lead the Packers to another miserable season. :huh:

no direspect to hoffdaddy, donhaas, and the real Packer fans of this board