Sign in to follow this  
Indiana Jones

Antonio Gates

After getting 3 years of fantasy info from being a "guest", finally making a post in here. Too bad it's a lame one about a TE but have seen no talk about this guy.

Gates' numbers are way down, figuring this is because of Phillip Rivers getting himself settled. Rivers has looked better each game stats wise, but I have not seen a Charger game on TV yet this year.

Any Charger homers have insight on Antonio Gates from here on out?

After getting 3 years of fantasy info from being a "guest", finally making a post in here. Too bad it's a lame one about a TE but have seen no talk about this guy.

Gates' numbers are way down, figuring this is because of Phillip Rivers getting himself settled. Rivers has looked better each game stats wise, but I have not seen a Charger game on TV yet this year.

Any Charger homers have insight on Antonio Gates from here on out?

We named the dog Indiana.

I thought the "we named the dog Indiana" line was kinda funny.

That being said, I was hoping for some Charger fan to tell me Gates is going to go off! Thinking about trading everybodies favorite steal of the draft, FRANK GORE, for him in a TE manditory league.

I have Tatum Bell and Westbrook already (only need to start 1 RB in this league).

Gates dominated for 2 years, Rivers seems nearly as good as Drew Brees so I can't see why Gates' numbers are so down right now. Figure Gates is due to get closer to his numbers from the past 2 years.

I think Gates will be fine. Rivers didn't really pass in 2 of their 4 games, plus they have had a bye week so he has one less game the most other TEs.

If you look at points per game (PPR scoring), he is #4 among TEs and Kellen Winslow is the only guy that has significantly more points per game than Gates. I think his numbers will continue to improve and he will end up in the top 2.

im still high on gates. in Tenn game...Gates had a td bounce of his hands in the end zone and was wide open and tomlinson overthrew him. he really should have 2 more tds...shoulda coulda...didnt.

I like him

That being said, I was hoping for some Charger fan to tell me Gates is going to go off! Thinking about trading everybodies favorite steal of the draft, FRANK GORE, for him in a TE manditory league.

I have Tatum Bell and Westbrook already (only need to start 1 RB in this league).

Gates dominated for 2 years, Rivers seems nearly as good as Drew Brees so I can't see why Gates' numbers are so down right now. Figure Gates is due to get closer to his numbers from the past 2 years.

Does anyone feel that Gates is worth a Frank Gore or T.Bell? I'm in the same position of needing a TE and have been offered Gates for T.Bell. :doublethumbsup:

Does anyone feel that Gates is worth a Frank Gore or T.Bell? I'm in the same position of needing a TE and have been offered Gates for T.Bell. :unsure:

I think you can get a little more Bell or Gore. Gates right now is buy low canidate.

Marty's game plan has been careful and conservative for the P. Rivers. I think Rivers is getting a little bit more comfortable in the pocket. I would not let Gates go just yet. I think he will be big from now on.

Why am I such a tool?

:doh: