Sign in to follow this  
alwazefun

M. Colston on Yahoo

I think most people who answered in this thread, are against me because they own Colston and are using him as a TE.

I would have let it drop after the links if a smart ass hadnt jumped on here.

The bye week was important because some people I have talked to elsewhere are using the bye week as a cut off for his use a TE, figuring this will be the most fair to everyone involved since another te would have to be picked up for the bye week

There is a difference between being competitive and wanting to win and winning at ALL costs, these are the same typepeople who think trading players during bye weeks, exploiting software glitches, and other such ###### is perfectly fine.

I play FF because I like football, FF makes the games more interesting, for competitive fun, and I enjoy gambling.

I am on this board because I enjoy FF, not to post smart ass comments ... I hate seeing the rate my team, rate these players, should I make this trade threads ... but I dont have to post a smart ass comment on each one ... I just dont open the thread.

Why are you here? Just to make smart ass comments and add nothing intelligent to any discussion.

I thought Alien vs. Predator was awesome.

Cooley had RB/TE eligibility last year and he never ran the ball, that I remember. No one bitched about that. If you use Yahoo, it's Yahoo's call. If you don't like it, don't use Yahoo.

Stole my thunder Zedd. I had Cooley last year and because he was considered an H-back in the Gibbs offense I could have used him as a RB if I had wanted to (though it would've been dumb to) and he never carried the ball.

I think you have to play by the rules of your host site. Somebody made the comment you get what you pay for, well they have a point. Yahoo is not a good site for serious fantasy football, it's definitley for the more casual player. I'm in one with a bunch of people from my dodgeball league, it's mellow and mainly for bragging rights, nobody cares about Colston. In my more serious ESPN league (not great, but better than Yahoo) Colston was changed to WR.

DONT OWN COLSTON IN ANY LEAGUE.

I hope they make an Alien vs. Predator II. At least so we can see what the grown-up Predator/Alien looks like. Although now that they are the same being, will they have to rename the movie something else? I wish I had a big bag of potato chips. Mmmmmm....potato chips.

Stole my thunder Zedd. I had Cooley last year and because he was considered an H-back in the Gibbs offense I could have used him as a RB if I had wanted to (though it would've been dumb to) and he never carried the ball.

I think you have to play by the rules of your host site. Somebody made the comment you get what you pay for, well they have a point. Yahoo is not a good site for serious fantasy football, it's definitley for the more casual player. I'm in one with a bunch of people from my dodgeball league, it's mellow and mainly for bragging rights, nobody cares about Colston. In my more serious ESPN league (not great, but better than Yahoo) Colston was changed to WR.

DONT OWN COLSTON IN ANY LEAGUE.

I have never had as many issues with yahoo as I have had this year. This is a keeper league and I will definitely be voting for relocation next year.

Of course Sigourney's boobs hang to her knees these days so I hope they don't cast her in AVP II like they did with Bishop in the first one. It would really detract from her underwear scene in the original Alien.

To those saying "that is how he is listed"...that is NOT how HIS OWN TEAM lists him. They have never used him as a TE and do not list him as a TE. That's because he's a WR, which is why HIS TEAM LISTS HIM AS A WR. It's pretty simple kids. Yahoo made a mistake that most other sites did not. It was known before the season started he wasn't a TE, they dropped the ball. You elect a commish in your league to deal with issues exaclty like this. Put it to a vote and let the majority decide...it should have been done weeks ago (like our league did).

Here's how I proposed it to my league:

"new rule, a player has to actually play the position you start him at at least part time"

I ammended it later and added "If his own team lists him at the position, you may play him there".

Even the Colston owner voted for it. He starts him in his flex as he, like very other Colston owner, drafted a REAL TE to play TE.

If your league hasn't done so already you have been too slow to react to the mistake. The longer you let it go, the more the Colston owner will cry. Let the majority decide, not 1 greedy owner exploiting a flaw in Yahoo's crappy service.

Cheers kids. :banana: Enjoy fighting over this for the 800 millionth time on here.

To the original poster: you have posted this on several message boards throughout the Internet. There has been discussion of Marques Colston on several message boards as well. There is somewhat a debate, and all Colston owners in Yahoo! owners believe he should retain eligibility. Most non-owners in Yahoo! leagues are against it, but some are objective and willing to accept it, because that's what Yahoo's eligibility rules state.

You have been told by many people on each message board. You have also ignored their advice and started ranting like a lunatic on each one. If your mind is made up, just drop the issue. It's not going to change anything.

To the original poster: you have posted this on several message boards throughout the Internet. There has been discussion of Marques Colston on several message boards as well. There is somewhat a debate, and all Colston owners in Yahoo! owners believe he should retain eligibility. Most non-owners in Yahoo! leagues are against it, but some are objective and willing to accept it, because that's what Yahoo's eligibility rules state.

You have been told by many people on each message board. You have also ignored their advice and started ranting like a lunatic on each one. If your mind is made up, just drop the issue. It's not going to change anything.

Oh good now we can get some exageration as well .... I have posted the same question on ONE other message board(FantasyFootballCafe if anyone cares) ... I didnt ask the question in order to help me form an opinion(If you read my question my opinion is obvious), I didnt ask for other peoples opinions on my stance ... If you read the original question I asked what others had done in their league to address the situation. My "lunacy" has been in response to people making smart ass comments.

Oh good now we can get some exageration as well .... I have posted the same question on ONE other message board(FantasyFootballCafe if anyone cares) ... I didnt ask the question in order to help me form an opinion(If you read my question my opinion is obvious), I didnt ask for other peoples opinions on my stance ... If you read the original question I asked what others had done in their league to address the situation. My "lunacy" has been in response to people making smart ass comments.

well, to answer your question we've done nothing about it in the 3 yahoo leagues i play in w/no intention to do anything about it after the bye week. each league HAS RULES. sometimes they differ. Yahoo's default rule is that no player loses positional eligility during the year and everyone that read the rules knew that. People made decisions based on the (reasonable) assumption that their league would follow the rules. Changing Colston's eligibility in a yahoo league would be BREAKING THE RULES and ABSOLUTELY WRONG. and this is from someone that owns colston in exactly ZERO yahoo leagues.

if you were too dumb/too lazy to read your league rules TOO BAD. no penalizing the people that did read them and expect them to be followed.

well, to answer your question we've done nothing about it in the 3 yahoo leagues i play in w/no intention to do anything about it after the bye week. each league HAS RULES. sometimes they differ. Yahoo's default rule is that no player loses positional eligility during the year and everyone that read the rules knew that. People made decisions based on the (reasonable) assumption that their league would follow the rules. Changing Colston's eligibility in a yahoo league would be BREAKING THE RULES and ABSOLUTELY WRONG. and this is from someone that owns colston in exactly ZERO yahoo leagues.

if you were too dumb/too lazy to read your league rules TOO BAD. no penalizing the people that did read them and expect them to be followed.

I dont know very many people who have actually read all the yahoo rules, I know I havent ... even though I dont agree, thanks for actually answering the question.

I dont know very many people who have actually read all the yahoo rules, I know I havent ... even though I dont agree, thanks for actually answering the question.

It's finally over! This has got to be the worst cry baby thread ever! Please, please, no more threads on Colston TE! IT'S WEEK 6 AND YOU'RE STILL TRYING TO CHANGE THE RULES???????????????? Here'e a hint..... how about maybe just sit back, relax, and just PLAY THE D@MN GAME AND HAVE FUN! By the way, that is your screen name so act on it!