Sign in to follow this  
Feedback

Jerius Norwood

Does anyone else besides me think that there is any reason why Norwood won't be the starting RB in Atlanta next year. This kids shown that he can be very explosive!

Just 1.

And a big one, since Warrick Dunn is, and will remain, the starter when healthy.

And a big one, since Warrick Dunn is, and will remain, the starter when healthy.

BINGO. I'm thinking about returning this Warrick Dunn Voodoo doll any day now. :P

I believe Dunn has a gigantic cap number next season and will need a new deal to remain in Atlanta. And how much will a 32 year old back with Norwood in the wings be worth to them next season?

LINKAGE

Dunn signed a six year, $28.5 million contract with Atlanta in March 2002. Dunn restructured his contract in March of 2005 to help create salary cap space, agreeing to accept $2.35 million of his $3 million salary in the form of a paid bonus, which will save the Falcons more than $1.5 million in cap space. Dunn signed a one-year extension to stay with the Falcons through the 2007 season in April of 2006.

sounds like its dunn one more year...

as a norwood owner, i am sadend. :(

LINKAGE

Dunn signed a six year, $28.5 million contract with Atlanta in March 2002. Dunn restructured his contract in March of 2005 to help create salary cap space, agreeing to accept $2.35 million of his $3 million salary in the form of a paid bonus, which will save the Falcons more than $1.5 million in cap space. Dunn signed a one-year extension to stay with the Falcons through the 2007 season in April of 2006.

as a norwood owner, i am sadend. <_<

I think his carries will be more limited next season, because of a combination of reduced effectiveness with age (theoretically, he should be worse) and getting Norwood ready to take over the job.

I think his carries will be more limited next season, because of a combination of reduced effectiveness with age (theoretically, he should be worse) and getting Norwood ready to take over the job.

yes i totally agree.

a stephen jackson/faulk deal

-marooney/dillon -bush/mccallister

i just hope its only next year

I have fitz and wayne as receivers and i am in a 3 keeper leauge, so i think i might keep wayne/fitz and portis, grab someone like dunn or fwp, and then norwood after that (not neccesarily yhe next round) rather than me keeping him. and riding the pine again.

man did jordan frick my butt good this year....

LINKAGE

as a norwood owner, i am sadend. :first:

I don't believe you are correct. Reading more on this on a few other sites, that extension was signed as to lower his '06 cap number. His deal will have to be redone yet again. He has done this the last 2 seasons.

Apr. 7, 2006 - 2:39 p.m. ET

Warrick Dunn renegotiated his contract for the second year in a row.

He received a $2.5 million bonus to make the move, which lowers his cap hit from $8.5 million to $5.7 million. Dunn is going to have to keep performing at a very high level or risk getting cut after the year.

Source: ESPN.com Insider