Sign in to follow this  
the_whipping_boy

Solid team -- IMO -- but still have some tough decisions on who to play

Need to sit one out of:

Brady @ Min

Rivers v. StL

Vick @ Cin

Right now I am leaning towards benching Vick.

Pick two to play out of:

Houshmanzadeh v. Atl

Berrian v. SF

Ward @ Oak

Andre Johnson @ Ten

Right now I am leaning towards playing Housh and Andre Johnson.

Pick a RB to sit out of:

Jones-Drew @ Phi

J. Jones @ Car

Right now I am leaning towards benching Julius Jones and playing Maurice Jones-Drew -- and most are telling me not to, they must think I am crazy for this .

And finally pick one to sit from:

Atl D @ Cin

Jac D @ Phi

Right now I am leaning towards sitting the Jacksonville Defense.

I have my line up filled TENTATIVELY with those I am leaning towards.

Any analysis of your picks are welcome and encouraged. Thanks.

The QB one is tough... first instinct tells me to bench Brady because MN D is playing well. After thinking about it, I would say bench Rivers.

I would play Housh and Berrian. Chi should have a huge game, and Housh has been getting good numbers all year.

I would start Julius...more touches = more opp. for pts.

D is tough too. I am benching Jax in a dynasty because I think Phi can score vs. any D...so I would say bench them.

Please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248099

Brady @ Min

Rivers v. StL

Vick @ Cin

SIT VICK. HE IS TOO INCONSISTANT AND HE BLEW UP LAST WEEK WHICH MEANS SUCKO THIS WEEK

Houshmanzadeh v. Atl

Berrian v. SF

Ward @ Oak

Andre Johnson @ Ten

TOUGH, BUT I SAY WARD AND BERRIAN

Jones-Drew @ Phi

J. Jones @ Car

J JONES IS THE NO BRAINER CHOICE HERE--DON'T BE A HERO

Atl D @ Cin

Jac D @ Phi

BOTH D'S ARE BANGED UP BUT I SAY ATL

help: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248107

Y'all probably won't agree with this by I have a theory and analysis of why I still like Jones-Drew over Julius Jones......

I just feel that Jones-Drew can score TDs....whether it be rushing or receiving (although just to make a counter point the Eagles have not allowed any receiving TDs by RBs, but they have however let 2 RBs score TDs on the ground -- Michael Robinson (SF) made into the endzone twice and Marion Barber (Dal) made it in -- for a total of three rushing TDs allowed by RBs....)....and scoring TDs in any league that I know puts a player in a very favorable position.

I have this feeling that Julius Jones will not make it into the endzone Sunday evening.....only two RBs -- if I am looking at my information correctly -- have made into the endzone on the ground against Carolina (Deuce McAllister did once and "Cadillac" Williams did it once.

So I am not sold that Jones can do that....he may get the yardage, but he is only gonna get it on the ground probably because I don't think a new QB (Romo) is gonna start just all the sudden start throwing to Jones when he hasn't been thrown to or making receptions or whatever. So I have limited outlets for Jones to produce points....in this case solely through rushing yardage....so at best I can expect Jones to get maybe 120+ yards which would give me 9 points (1 pt. per 20 yds. and a 3 pt. bonus for 100 yds. or more) and I don't expect any TDs and maybe 2 receptions...so at best I am looking at 11 points, but probably I am looking more realistically at somewhere in the 80-99 yd. range and 1 solitary reception. I am projecting 5 pts. for Julius Jones.

On the other hand Jones-Drew has many outlets to produce points. He can accumulate yardage and TDs through rushing, receiving, and through return yardage -- return yardage may or may not be accounted for in other leagues, but it is for the one I am a member of. He has 16 receptions -- 13 more than Julius Jones -- and the Philadelphia team has been given up much of its points to RBs through receving yardage just based on what I see and since the league I am in awards you one point per reception this is part of the reason that Philly has given up so many points to RBs that their defense has faced.

Another last point I want to make is that it seems to me (and maybe I am wrong about this) that Maurice Jones-Drew is just like Marion Barber. Maurice Jones-Drew is to Fred Taylor what Marion Barber is to Julius Jones. This meaning that MJD will be that goaline back that they will go to whether on the ground or through the air.....he has been a proven success in that capacity...I mean look at what he did last week against Houston....they lost badly, but he was still the one to score and although he had a modest number of yards in the game, rushing especially (only 10 yards I think) he still ended up with 16 points total a lot it attributed to that TD and those 7 receptions he had. Chances are I will say that he scores once (6 pts.) and he is gonna have 5 receptions at least (5 pts.) and I will venture to say 20-39 yds. rushing (1 pt.) and 40-59 yds. receiving (2 pts.) and just to throw on a little extra 20-39 yards returning the ball (1 pt.) for a grand total I am projecting 15 points at least to Jones-Drew and that isn't even best case scenario...in the best case scenario he scores 20+ points.

Any good arguments for or against mine are certainly welcome.

START FORLLOWING

Rivers v. StL

Vick @ Cin

start vick while he is hot. he will get u lots of rushing yards. cincy D sucks.

Berrian v. SF

Andre Johnson @ Ten

SF D sucks so grossman and Berrian will have great day as grossman will throw deep more often and Johnson is must start every weekk.

Jones-Drew @ Phi

Car has really good rush D and jones drew will get goal line as well as receiving yards.

Atl D @ Cin

Jax D is bangged up. plus they are playing philly. try not to start any D aginst Philly.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248529

Bench Brady vs. Min pass D-----tough to sit Vick....

Tough call on WRs---I say Johnson & Berrian----Grossman looking to bounce back...

Play J.Jones & Jac D.........Jones gets the bulk, Jones-Drew will not have too many opportunities to score to justify starting him over a RB who gets the bulk of carries....

Jac D to step up on the road---Cin D tough time with ATL rushing game.

Please help with mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248554