Sign in to follow this  
DonkeyLips

Trade involving Vick, Will respond to yours

I am currently involved in trade talks to obtain a decent starting QB. Here are the relevant players on my team and my two options:

My Team:

Alex Smith

Chad Pennington

Plaxico Burress

Roy Williams

Lee Evans

Doug Gabriel

Trade #1:

Roy Williams for Carson Palmer and B. Berrian

Trade #2:

Roy Williams for Michael Vick and either Keyshawn Johnson or I. Bruce

(The owner would be willing to throw in Randy Moss instead of Bruce or Johnson if I offered up Gabriel)

Any thoughts? Should I do either, and if so which?

Thanks

The first one for sure.

While Vick has been ridiculous the last few weeks and Cinci has a real tough schedule coming up, I still like Carson over Vick any day. I am one of those managers who believes that Vick can burn an owner's team any week unlike Carson who should start to come around beginning this weekend against Baltimore. Career-wise v. the Ravens Carson has thrown for like 1000 yards and 9 tds. Berrian is also a much better option than either of those other receivers you are getting in return with Vick given the explosiveness of the Bears offense and their easy schedule.

I think trade no. 1 is a decent one. I'd look at cincy's schedule closely but youre getting a producing wideout and palmer for wiliams. Any FA qbs on your wire as another option?

There's not too much on the waiver wire at all (Brunell, Frye, Losman).

Cinn's next five games are: Balt, SD, NO, Clev, Balt - so it's not horrible with Balt's secondary and SD's injruy concerns

Atlanta has a pretty easy schedule: Det, Clev, Balt, No, Wash

My only concern with Palmer is that he seems to be holding on the ball too long and the Bengal's Olins is stuggling. Atl crushed him in the 2nd half.

I'd go with the trade for Palmer. Cincy has a tough shedule which means more potential to play from behind and more potential to pass. Atlanta's easier schedule means a higher potential to be ahead and higher potential to run the ball (Dunn/Norwood with a little of Vick running). I'd go with Palmer.

thanks for answering mine

I would do trade #1 in a second. Carson Palmer will be back to his normal self in no time now that Chris Henry is back. He's an elite QB and WR's are always a bit random. I mean, Mike Furrey could vulture all of Roy Williams TD's any given weekend. I never trust Vick because he always gets hurt. It's just the nature of how he plays.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=250716