Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

Manning vs. Brady

In a poll ESPN is running, there is the question that asks "Who would have more Super Bowl titles if Brady and Manning had played their entire careers with the other team?" :argue:

I don't know what's more perplexing, that this is being asked or that the split is 55-45 to Manning.

So the general belief is that Brady, whose won 3 Super Bowls with a cost of nobodys would have won less than if he switched with Manning, whose had a cast of All Pros? Yeah, I can see Manning coming through in the clutch throwing to David Patten or handing of to Antowain Smith. :D

p.s. I'm not a Pats fan

Like it or not its probably an accurate representation of the way people feel. Unfortunately for Brady, Belichick is the cloud over Bradys "worship" parade. Lemme splain....

It is because of the Pats winning with no-name players that many feel that the team could win with ANYONE playing almost any position. Its almost ridiculous...I mean the Pats have redefined the meaning of team. Thats OK and all I guess....but it makes for lousy fantasy football and on the grand stage of the SB people like to see Superstars. They like to see them win and they like to see them fall. When NE wins the SB.... its like "Oh.... OK, who they hell do they have on the team"? Then, it becomes the Belichick knob-slobber fest.

Brady is a great game manager and does keep his cool probably as good as any QB Ive seen play. But, he rarely has to carry the team like Manning and the dink and dunk offense does not require incredible QB skill no matter what Pats fans think. Manning hits throws 40 yards down the field in stride and NOONE in football makes those throws. Noone. This is what seperates the two players...one of them does whats asked of him and NEVER loses the game( Brady ) and one takes the game over from the QB position ( Manning ). Simple really.

Belichick has also started to make players obsolete in some ways. Dont look now but in ten years when us fantasy guys have to draft entire backfields because teams dont care about star players anymore you can thank Billy Boy. He has made scheming and game-planning the most important part of the game nowadays.

So the general belief is that Brady, whose won 3 Super Bowls with a cost of nobodys would have won less than if he switched with Manning, whose had a cast of All Pros? Yeah, I can see Manning coming through in the clutch throwing to David Patten or handing of to Antowain Smith. :D

For the most part Manning hasn't done that bad in the recent playoff games... anyone who actually watched the last game in Foxboro would have seen an amazing number of dropped passes by those same "super star receivers" everyone talks about... and all of the playoff games have been absolutely abysmal for the Colts defesne, who were either unprepared or too riddled with injuries to be able to help out as much as the NE and Pitt have in the past.

But people like to continue the choke myth... so be my guest. Why let logic or facts get in the way. :thumbsup:

Hey FF Today... I'm too hammered to argue about Brady vs Bledsoe, Brown vs Moss, or Brady vs Manning. We started drinking during the BC game for tonight, should be a classic.

What can you say about Manning? He will own all of the major passing records soon and he's twice the QB Marino or Moon ever were. He doesn't miss games and he is not a jerk. He never acts headless.

Appreciate these Manning vs Brady / Pats vs Colts battles while you can. That's my advice.

Fantasy wise.... Pats D - I have the Chargers so they are on the bench but I see a special teams TD

Brady

Troy Brown (5 Rcpts 1TD)

Ben Watson

Dave Thomas (sleeper TE 1 TD)

Maroney (Special teams TD)

Hey FF Today... I'm too hammered to argue about Brady vs Bledsoe, Brown vs Moss, or Brady vs Manning. We started drinking during the BC game for tonight, should be a classic.

:pointstosky: :cheers: :pointstosky:

Gotta Love Football!

Like it or not its probably an accurate representation of the way people feel. Unfortunately for Brady, Belichick is the cloud over Bradys "worship" parade. Lemme splain....

It is because of the Pats winning with no-name players that many feel that the team could win with ANYONE playing almost any position. Its almost ridiculous...I mean the Pats have redefined the meaning of team. Thats OK and all I guess....but it makes for lousy fantasy football and on the grand stage of the SB people like to see Superstars. They like to see them win and they like to see them fall. When NE wins the SB.... its like "Oh.... OK, who they hell do they have on the team"? Then, it becomes the Belichick knob-slobber fest.

Brady is a great game manager and does keep his cool probably as good as any QB Ive seen play. But, he rarely has to carry the team like Manning and the dink and dunk offense does not require incredible QB skill no matter what Pats fans think. Manning hits throws 40 yards down the field in stride and NOONE in football makes those throws. Noone. This is what seperates the two players...one of them does whats asked of him and NEVER loses the game( Brady ) and one takes the game over from the QB position ( Manning ). Simple really.

Belichick has also started to make players obsolete in some ways. Dont look now but in ten years when us fantasy guys have to draft entire backfields because teams dont care about star players anymore you can thank Billy Boy. He has made scheming and game-planning the most important part of the game nowadays.

So are you implying that Harrison, Wayne, and James are not 'superstars'? Or that Stokley or Pollard not good complementary parts? And I don't recall a sterling performance against Pitt at home last year. 40 yd throws down the field that no one can make? How many extra points does that get you? Taking over the game from the QB position? Doesn't seem to be working very well, at the same time every year. Isn't the point of the game winning? Ask St. Louis, Carolina and Philly what'd they think about that. Seems like pretty straightforward facts to me too...

You realize of course that teams have defenses as well, right. :)

Not to mention coaches, special teams, front offices, ect. To put the success of championships exclusively on the QB is silly.

So are you implying that Harrison, Wayne, and James are not 'superstars'? Or that Stokley or Pollard not good complementary parts? And I don't recall a sterling performance against Pitt at home last year. 40 yd throws down the field that no one can make? How many extra points does that get you? Taking over the game from the QB position? Doesn't seem to be working very well, at the same time every year. Isn't the point of the game winning? Ask St. Louis, Carolina and Philly what'd they think about that. Seems like pretty straightforward facts to me too...

No...Im not implying anything about the Colts skill players at all. Im saying that The Pats win with anybody seemingly anywhere. They dont have superstars and to me this is why a lot of people feel that Manning would have won those SB's as well. Thats all. I bet the Colts are pretty much just as good with Brady at the helm but there isnt anything he could have done about their suspect D. Ya know?

Brady is a very good quarterback and I am in no way taking anything away from his accomplishments, but defense was the main ingredient for those championships by the Pats. I don't think anybody would argue that the Pats' defense has been much better than the Colts defense during the last 5 years. Give those defenses to Manning, and he does no worse than Brady. I don't really consider Seymour, Law, Bruschi, Vrabel, Milloy, McGinest, etc to be no names. Now, you may say that offense was a bunch of no names....but even there I think most would agree that Dillon was a top back his first couple years in NE and Branch wasn't bad.

:pointstosky: when i saw this post i thought it was laughing that brady is even considered in the same league as manning, to anyone who knows a thing about football and actually watches them play, manning is by far the best qb in this league, its not even close at this point, there are some guys who maybe could catch him, but brady isnt one of them

to me its a joke that anyone has been persuaded by espn to believe that brady is in mannings league, all he has is the 3 rings, and thats the only point a brady fan will ever point out, i guess some people dont understand the meaning of TEAM