Sign in to follow this  
lojogo1

fantasy rollercoaster ride

Wow What a hell of a journey this fantasy football playoff season going to be.

I have played for about fifteen in the same league in Northern Michigan. I have won three championships during those years but have never quite experiened anything like this season.

For starters, I had the first pick overall and jumped at Shaun Alexander (with a bit of hessitation) even though I am a Seadawgs hommer. So naturlly he breaks his foot after two+ weeks. Uh Oh there goes the season.I still feel pretty decent about the rest of my team however, so well just play it out, until he's healthy. We his minor 2-4 week injury turned into almost 2 months.The heartburn I was stricken with trying to figure out a line up every week, I was setting at 10-1 without arguably the NUMBER 1 OVERALL DRAFT PICK :wall: I had Donovan carrying my a$$ for the first have of my season THUD! It's surely over now. :wall:

Well somehow after that(My league has a supplemental draft after 6 weeks- no drops or adds until then).w I am able to snag two relativly unknowns at the time D Brees and Colston the kid.f

Brees shortly becomes the the starter because McSlab going down. He took off, just win another hiccup hit my team when Colston (Stud) gets his leg rolled then out for maybe one game aaahhhhhh, no try taking about a month off. After the end of all this good luck I find myself at 11-2, won my division, Chad Johnson even came back to life. My record was the best in the , won my division $$$, and a number one seed for this weeks playoff openers, I draw one of the weeker teams in the league. Almost everyone is back except for Colston the dreaded Gametime decision. So here we go!!!

Roster

Qb's

T Green

D Brees

RB's Alexander

Julius Jones

Marion Barber

Fread Taylor

Laurence Marony (Out)

Barber has been a beast

Wr's

Roy Williams

Chad Johnson

Greg Jennings

Derek Mason

Colston (I have to submit my lineup at 1pm so I dont have time to roll the dice on Colston)

Antonio Braynt-Just pick up for insurance.

Here's my Starters

Brees

Alexander

Barber (normally play J Jones-butBarber has been a beast lately)

Roy

Ocho

gamble on Bryant (STILL NO WORD ON cOLSTON DUE TO PLAYING AT 8:30

Carney-(No not the big a$$ fullback who had 3 td's tonite)

SanDiego Def/sp team

After the early games, I'm down 30, ALEXANDER BE LOWS

After the late games, it has gotten worse. Down 38 with only Brees, Barber, and Carney left.

OF COURSE JULIUS IS PISSED I YANKED HIM, SCAMMPERS 77 YDS ON HIS FIRST CARRY FOR A td,(18PT RUN IN OUR LEAGUE SCORING ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

wELL IT LOOKS VERY BLEAK TO SAY THE LEAST-Even with Brees being hot in the first half I'm still down 25. I need Jesus himself to come down to Texas Stadium to try and help. WELL LOW AND BEHOLD HE DID. HE WAS JUST IN THE BODY OF DREW BREES WHO SHREDDED THE DALLAS D IN THE THIRD QTR FOR A TOTAL OF 33 PTS (OUR LEAGUE DOESN'T REWARD AS MUCH AS OTHER LEAGUES IN THE STAT DEPT) ADD IN THE GOOSEGG FOR Barber and Carney's 6 extra points, I that leaves me with a 65-64 victory. Thankd you Jesus Brees. I LOVE YOU.

wheeeeeeeewwww!!!!!!

Now onto week two, I'm shocked and exhausted. But... By next week I'LL BE READY TO GO.

Wishing all of you that kind of luck-just keep the Peptol Bismal ner by.

mY goodness I'm a geek. AND I LOVE IT.

J

Share any similar stories-I'll reply.