Sign in to follow this  
Smurphy118

Are there any teams out there that had LT...

I have one team that didnt make the playoffs this year and LT is on it. Team is the second highest in total points but finished 5th in record. It has nothing to do with choking in the draft. I simply didnt beat the teams ahead of me in head to head matchups when I had the opportunity to play them. That's what makes fantasy football a great game. Its not about drafting LT. Its about playing every week.

:argue:

Would not call it choke in my case...more like bad luck.

Lost in first rd of playoffs with LT

Palmer

LT

Fred Taylor

A. Johnson

D. Henderson since Colston out

Braylon Edwards

Crumpler

Pats D

Shayne Graham

If you didn't make the playoffs with LT on your team you either A.) got the ultimate screw job and played the top scoring team every week or B.) you don't know how to draft.

The team in my league that had LT was running out bums like Roethlisber/Delhomme, Bush/Barlow, R. Moss/Reggie Brown. Now I must admit these players have had their up's and down this year but that's the kind of stuff you can get away with when you have a player of LT's caliber on your roster. His team ended up finishing with the 2nd best record.

Will find out after tonight. The LT owner needs to win tonight to make the playoffs. He's up by 14 points with Wilkens left and going against SJax. 1pt/10 yards 6pt TD, no PPR.

He really had a bad draft other than LT. He's been living off LT and Colston with some good games from Favre.

Yep. First in points, 5th in standings. That is unless Alex Brown and Witherspoon put up crazy points tonight. Truly sucks to have the best team and still be out of the playoffs. But there have been seasons where I didn't deserve to make it in, so I guess it balances out.

I beat the guy last week 81-80 to give him a 6-7 record. He would have made it at 7-6 because of point total

Brady

lt

Deshaun Foster

Galloway

Walker

Stallworth

Stover

Broncos

He had a huge point total but lost too many games early in the year. He was coming on strong at the end until Jocstrap took him down!

If you didn't make the playoffs with LT on your team you either A.) got the ultimate screw job and played the top scoring team every week or B.) you don't know how to draft.

Knocked LT owner out of the playoffs in 1st rd and frankly he was lucky to even get in... funny thing is I thought this team was the best on draft day. Just trying to show that even knowledgeable drafters can have bad luck... I don't think there would be anybody who would have been terribly upset with this team at the beginning of the season:

Starting line-up at beginning of the season:

Culpepper

LT

Julius Jones

Steve Smith

Chris Chambers

Witten

(no clue on his kicker)

Pitt D / CAR D

He drafted in what my opinion was a stellar line-up. He drafted the usual suspects late, hoping someone else woudl step up, but fortunately he missed on all of those lat round draft picks. This weekend I took him down and his starting line-up was:

Harrington

LT

JJ

Smith

Chambers

Heath Miller

Pitt D

I have LT, got knocked out in the first rougnd last week by team that had L. Betts and T. Gonzalez, both had career days, two of my guys had 0 pts (LJ Smith and A. Johnson) and QB had negative points (Grossman). I was number one seed got knocked out by number eight seed. OUCH!!!

Well funny you should ask because if Wilkins kicks three 40 yard field goals and 1 extra point the LT owner in our league misses the playoffs. Wilkins = 13 points tonight = No Playoffs

He actually has one of the strongest teams in the league, played the FA/WW very well and had very few injuries, but he was the victim of some very unfortunate matchups. He was second highest scorer 4 weeks and lost to the top scorer each of those weeks. He just had poor production a couple of weeks, but he currently is second in the league in points.

That's just the way it goes sometimes I guess. His record is 7-6 prior to week 14. His team is below.

QB Vince Young

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Darrell Jackson

WR Roy Williams

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

RB Jamal Lewis

TE Bo Scaife

W/R Ladell Betts

K Nate Kaeding

DEF Minnesota

BN Chester Taylor

BN Marc Bulger

BN Bernard Berrian

BN Jon Kitna

BN Chris Henry

BN Mike Furrey

I'm in six money leagues...Five of the six teams that owned LT scored the most points in their league and the other finished 34 points out of first place. What is the most surprising is the LT owner failed to make the playoffs in three of the six leagues.

The guy in my league didn't make the playoffs with LT. His wr's were too speratic and his qb went down.

PLayed LT's Team (1st Place) in the first round of the playoffs and was down by 22 pts with Torry Holt left on MNF....Needlesss to say Torry put up 23

HAHAHAHA