Sign in to follow this  
FBIGUY

So much for all the Houston and Fason talk!

I was thinking very strong about benching Tiki.......

Not that Tiki did anything special, but both Fason and C. Houston, the WW gems of last week...crashed and burned!

I for one have learned my lesson!

I will start my regulars without question from now on. No more thinking about starting a guy who had 1 good week and has a good match-up! :pointstosky:

amen to that brotha.

I sat Willis for Houston, because lineups were due before the 1PM games, I took a chance and went with Houston.

Willis wound up playing and playing well.

Damn those WW pickups.

My playoff fate is up to someone else now, as WIlls would have been enough to get me the win and get in. Now I need Holt to disappear fast.

I was thinking very strong about benching Tiki.......

Not that Tiki did anything special, but both Fason and C. Houston, the WW gems of last week...crashed and burned!

I for one have learned my lesson!

I will start my regulars without question from now on. No more thinking about starting a guy who had 1 good week and has a good match-up! :ninja:

I'm not saying I'd never bench a stud, there are times that the matchups are so bad/good your best play isn't a stud, but for the most part I couldn't believe most people were starting him as a #1 or #2...I left Houston in my flex, because the matchup was great, but I couldn't see sitting either of my RB's (FWP, MJD). Luckly I won going away with Houston's 3.6pts (PPR), but I don't usally let my WW picks take anything more than a flex.

Yep, I played Fason...ugh...first round of playoffs against the LT team. Luckily for me, the rest of his team is

so bad, I still slipped by with a win!!

My options didn't do well either, as my only other options were Addai and Fargus.

Anyway, this is just a crazy season. I know in the past you could make those sneaky one week plays - not

anymore. It seems that more and more coaches are using the Denver approach to RB's - to keep their

competition guessing......and we suffer.

Benched Addai for Houston, then grabbed Fason at the last minute and benched Houston for Fason. Looked like a terrible move at the beginning as 2 other Min backs were clearly being played ahead of Fason, but in retrospect all three of my #2 backs were virtually non-existent.

Now relying on S-Jax and Gould to get me 9 pts so that i can make the playoffs - feel pretty good about that. But not good about my #2 RB spot for the playoffs - hence the reason i just grabbed Hou's Dayne and Det's A. Harris off waivers. And here i was thinking Addai would be my salvation this time of year :pointstosky:

I benched Tiki, McCallister and Tatum for Houston. I did so because I did not believe that any of those three would score a touchdown. I was correct on that. Houston had 18 carries against a terrible run defense. I would probably do the same thing again if given the chance. I had everything right except the fact that the Jets would dump yesterday.

Benched Addai for Houston, then grabbed Fason at the last minute and benched Houston for Fason. Looked like a terrible move at the beginning as 2 other Min backs were clearly being played ahead of Fason, but in retrospect all three of my #2 backs were virtually non-existent.

Now relying on S-Jax and Gould to get me 9 pts so that i can make the playoffs - feel pretty good about that. But not good about my #2 RB spot for the playoffs - hence the reason i just grabbed Hou's Dayne and Det's A. Harris off waivers. And here i was thinking Addai would be my salvation this time of year :(

The fact Pinner got so many carries shouldnt be a surprise. at one time he was the #1 guy in detroit. Agreed, not a top tier #1, but still a #1 and to expect Fason to beat him out for the starting role may have been a bit unrealistic.

Hindsight is 20/20 though isnt it?