Sign in to follow this  
moviedude25

Playoff Injury Bug, Please Help

Ok first round of the playoffs and I'm already screwed. Yahoo is reporting that my Flex RB Travis Henry is out as is my WR #2 D. Jax this week and its playoff time. I'm not sure if Henry was a good start this week anyway against Jacksonville. So I did some hunting on the WW and here's what I came up with. Please make comments if you would do this differently:

QB (Start One)

My choices are Payton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck. I'm going with Payton, I think he's due for a good game after that crappy one last week and Hasselback has the better matchup but he's still hurting from the injuries.

RB (Start Two)

My starters are Tiki Barber, Jamal Lewis

WR (Start Two)

My starters are Donald Driver and one from the FA pool listed below

TE (Start One)

My starter is Tony Gonzalez

Flex (Start One)

Here's where its tricky. I have to start one of these guys and pick one of these guys as my WR2. Who do you pick:

Sammy Morris (Leaning towards my Flex)

Deion Branch (Leaning towards my WR2)

L. Maroney

D. Henderson

C. Benson

W. Lundy

M. Jones

D. Mason

M. Booker

R. Caldwell

M. Clayton

Is this how you would lean? Its the playoffs so one loss and I'm done. Please let me know your thoughts and leave your links. I will leave mine for you. Thanks!!!

You definately want to go with a Seattle WR. If not Branch then I'd grab DJ Hackett. He seems to be targeted a lot when D Jax IS playing. Now that D Jax is out I would think that he should get even more.

For your flex S. Morris would be a safe bet. C. Benson could have a lot of carries but you never know. A. Peterson looked pretty good last week.

D. Henderson has been putting up numbers and has a good matchup. I would probably go with him if not Morris.

Thanks 4 mine

Is the Jones you listed MJD or Matt Jones? If it's MJD you obviously have to get him. I'll assume it's Matt. Then I think I'd do it like you are thinking.

Morris should be decent choice for Flex.

I like Henderson for WR2, although Booker has been solid the past few weeks.

My only concern with Branch is the potential weather conditions predicted for Seattle. Plus, you already listed your concerns with Hasselbeck.

Morris - should do well against terrible run D

Henderson - great matchup and Seattle pass game might struggle in bad weather