Sign in to follow this  
jhcagle

Pick up player as a block?

What does everyone think about picking up a player, just as a block so that another team can't get them? I'm in our super bowl, and the team I am playing needs a QB desparately. J.P. Losman is probably the best QB available...followed/preceded by Cutler. Even though I do not need a QB, do you think I should pick up J.P./Cutler just so the team I'm playing can't?

Yes, without question, I do it all the time.

The caveat being you have a worthless turd on your roster to dump on the WW.

That never seems to be a problem for me as only 50% of my players were draft picks.

I'm going to do it this week with at least one player, maybe 2. Now don't go and drop/pickup 10 different QBs so they all are off limits for the week (cause of the 24-48 hour waiting list)

Got the exact same scenario (Vick may be out and Cutler/JP best QBs on WW) and I am picking up Cutler...Go for it.

What does everyone think about picking up a player, just as a block so that another team can't get them? I'm in our super bowl, and the team I am playing needs a QB desparately. J.P. Losman is probably the best QB available...followed/preceded by Cutler. Even though I do not need a QB, do you think I should pick up J.P./Cutler just so the team I'm playing can't?

standard practice in any competitive FF league

im all for it....

what im NOT for...are the people who pick up a player and drop him an hour later to leave him unavailable....

its why we dont do yahoo...

we charge $ for FA pickups..but we also impose a 2 point penalty to anyone who "locks up a player by picking him up at 9am on sunday and magically dropping him at say 1145am..no one does it anymore...

pick him up so u dont have to face him...fine...risk doing it at the end so the guy u drop isnt picked up..fine..

but pick up a player just to dtop him and we are all coming to your house to punch u in front of your wife and kids..

If it's not a clear-cut decision who's better, then why bother doing it? He'll just pick up the other, and you run the risk of offending some people for nothing, no?

If it's not a clear-cut decision who's better, then why bother doing it? He'll just pick up the other, and you run the risk of offending some people for nothing, no?

That's actually EXACTLY what I was thinking!

That's actually EXACTLY what I was thinking!

FAA should cost money to avoid this. If not. I would pick up anyone that could help the other team and not hurt me.

A simple fix to keep things fair is we make anyone who picks up a player during the week keep that player through that week's games. Any potential problems, solved.

I do it. I look over my opponent's roster to see what he might need as an injury replacement or possible fill-in and pick up whoever I think he is targeting. It's a legal way to gain an advantage over your opponent and get closer to a possible victory.

my favorite shifty move which I would love to perfect except that I have been 12th on the wire since week 2.

100% ...Cutler faces the league's worst pass DEF and has improved 3 straight games.

I would grab him in a heartbeat to block him.