Sign in to follow this  
--==Devastation_Inc.==--

~~superbowl question~~

I am currenty 14-1 in my league head too head... I'm one of the unfortunate ones who lost Mc`Nabb, but i've been able to make the right calls for the past 3 weeks now... I have been using Pennington & Vince Young as replacements... Both QB's have tough matchs this week so i picked up Tim Rattay & Alex Smith... Alex Smith had 49 points in my league last week vs Seattle and this week he is home vs the lowly cardinals....

My question is do i play Alex Smith over Chad Pennington and Vince Young??? The Cardinals blow against the pass and it's also a home game for Alex Smith also !! Both Pennington @ Miami and Young @ Buffalo play on the road !!!

What are your thoughts?? I also picked up Chiefs D against Oakland this week which should be good for a dozen turnovers... LOL...

My roster so far this week :::::::::

QB Alex Smith

RB Ladanian Tomlinson

RB Maurice Jones~Drew

WR Torry Holt

WR Larry Fitzgerald

WR Laverneus Cols

TE Chris Cooley

K John Kasay

D CHIEFS D

;) (or) ;) PLEASE my season is on the line.....

I am currenty 14-1 in my league head too head... I'm one of the unfortunate ones who lost Mc`Nabb, but i've been able to make the right calls for the past 3 weeks now... I have been using Pennington & Vince Young as replacements... Both QB's have tough matchs this week so i picked up Tim Rattay & Alex Smith... Alex Smith had 49 points in my league last week vs Seattle and this week he is home vs the lowly cardinals....

My question is do i play Alex Smith over Chad Pennington and Vince Young??? The Cardinals blow against the pass and it's also a home game for Alex Smith also !! Both Pennington @ Miami and Young @ Buffalo play on the road !!!

What are your thoughts?? I also picked up Chiefs D against Oakland this week which should be good for a dozen turnovers... LOL...

QB Alex Smith

RB Ladanian Tomlinson

RB Maurice Jones~Drew

WR Torry Holt

WR Larry Fitzgerald

WR Laverneus Cols

TE Chris Cooley

K John Kasay

D CHIEFS D

:dunno: (or) :D PLEASE my season is on the line.....

Your logic with Smith is right on.... I am playing Smith over Brady... in fact I am starting Battle along with him.... throw in Gore and you would think I was a 49ers fan.... well this week I certainly am....

Chiefs against Oakland is also a good matchup.... they don't know who to play at QB and the team has zero direction.

Also..if they are on the WW... GB against a weak Minn team is a viable option... Minn will start a Rookie and this will be Farve's last game in Green Bay.... I think the Pack will rise to the occasion....

Good Luck...

Your logic with Smith is right on.... I am playing Smith over Brady... in fact I am starting Battle along with him.... throw in Gore and you would think I was a 49ers fan.... well this week I certainly am....

Chiefs against Oakland is also a good matchup.... they don't know who to play at QB and the team has zero direction.

Also..if they are on the WW... GB against a weak Minn team is a viable option... Minn will start a Rookie and this will be Farve's last game in Green Bay.... I think the Pack will rise to the occasion....

Good Luck...

you also forgot one other thing.

SF can still make the playoffs if they win their remaining games. That team should not be lacking in motovation in any way, shape, or form.

I'd bet on a strong game from SF.

QB Alex Smith

RB Ladanian Tomlinson

RB Maurice Jones~Drew

WR Torry Holt

WR Larry Fitzgerald

WR Laverneus Cols

TE Chris Cooley

K John Kasay

D CHIEFS D

:D (or) :cheers: PLEASE my season is on the line.....

Well, here are some thoughts:

Your RB's are top notch and your WR's are probably one of the top 2 or 3 in your league

Based on this, It would appear that you dont need a QB to win this for you. I think you most likely need one that wont lose it for you.

Probably the most likely way for you to lose is if you beat yourself.

so my recommendation: Do not start Vince Young. He is a rookie and up against a pretty tough Defense. He could just as easily put up a 250 yard day as he would put up a 95 yard day.

I also recommend staying away from Pennington. He is up against a tough Miami Defense so he wont have a good game.

Alex Smith appears to be the man. he has a great matchup and appears to be back on track.

I also like the call about picking up the chiefs D. Oakland will turn the ball over a fair bit.

Good luck to you