Sign in to follow this  
J5

Who is starting NE or PIT Defense?

I am trying to decide if I should start the NE or PIT defense this week, as every point counts, but can't really make a decision either way. Both Jacksonville and Baltimore have good defenses, both have mobile qb's. I think Baltimore is a more balanced offense but Jacksonville has much better running game. On the surface I am thinking NE but they are on the road and Jacksonville may run more than they pass which limits defensive opportunities. Pitt is at home, but Baltimore is a little more talented on offense.

I have to choose between Chicago and NE.

Easy choice NE

Chi is missing players and let TB score 31 on them last week...they are coasting.

NE is hungry and getting tons of INTs (15 last 5 games) lately...great upfront pressure...

Remember how JAX did against the TITANS DEF last week??...I look for NE to dominate on DEF and woundn't be surprised if they pitched a shutout. Most likley allow 10 points or less.

As far as Pitt goes, I'd be mindful that it's a divisional game and Balt still needs the win for a BYE. Pitt DEF has been resurgent in recent weeks, but I'd still go with NE.

GL

I am trying to decide if I should start the NE or PIT defense this week, as every point counts, but can't really make a decision either way. Both Jacksonville and Baltimore have good defenses, both have mobile qb's. I think Baltimore is a more balanced offense but Jacksonville has much better running game. On the surface I am thinking NE but they are on the road and Jacksonville may run more than they pass which limits defensive opportunities. Pitt is at home, but Baltimore is a little more talented on offense.

I may be wrong (more often than I care to admit!), but I have a feeling that the Pitt D is gonna have a field day at home, against Baltimore, with their playoff lives on the line.

This is a tough call. There seem to be alot of questions this week on team defense, as everyone is looking for points everywhere. I agree with both points made above which is what makes this so difficult. NE is #2 in scoring defense, and Jacksonville is #5 so this game could be low scoring. If Taylor sits that helps out as well. I also don't think the Jaguars have nearly the skill level talent that Baltimore does. However, they are at home and lost a tough one last week. Both the Jaguars and the Ravens are fighting for playoff positioning. I am leaning towards NE right now as they have been more consistent throughout the year.