Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Whisenhunt....Ben wasn't mentally healthy

I think this pretty much shows Cowher was hell bent on playing Ben regardless of the circumstances.

I would love to hear Cowher's reaction to this article http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07056/764910-66.stm

"Look at the history -- every time he was starting to recover from something, he had a setback, whether it was the appendectomy or the concussion. And it wasn't until it was the end of the year and he was healthy that he had a stretch of games that you started to see his play pick back up."

Whisenhunt acknowledged that, in hindsight, Charlie Batch should have started at quarterback at least the second game of the season and maybe others to give Roethlisberger more time to recover. But Whisenhunt also quickly noted that, given what the coaches knew in September, they made what they felt was the best decision at the time, and he was not critical of that

What the coaches knew in September? Hun....Coaches couldn't watch a game live, let alone the coaches tape and see that Ben was gun-shy every time there was a rush up the middle????? That he would chuck it up at the first sign of an impending sack? Sounds as if Whiz was head coach, Ben definitely would have been rested and allowed to recover.

I am wondering what Cowher was thinking? I know he was a lame duck coach going thru the motions but the best chance for them to win was with a healthy QB vs. at minimum Jags (after his appendix) and Oakland (after his concussion)

I think this pretty much shows Cowher was hell bent on playing Ben regardless of the circumstances.

I would love to hear Cowher's reaction to this article http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07056/764910-66.stm

"Look at the history -- every time he was starting to recover from something, he had a setback, whether it was the appendectomy or the concussion. And it wasn't until it was the end of the year and he was healthy that he had a stretch of games that you started to see his play pick back up."

Whisenhunt acknowledged that, in hindsight, Charlie Batch should have started at quarterback at least the second game of the season and maybe others to give Roethlisberger more time to recover. But Whisenhunt also quickly noted that, given what the coaches knew in September, they made what they felt was the best decision at the time, and he was not critical of that

What the coaches knew in September? Hun....Coaches couldn't watch a game live, let alone the coaches tape and see that Ben was gun-shy every time there was a rush up the middle????? That he would chuck it up at the first sign of an impending sack? Sounds as if Whiz was head coach, Ben definitely would have been rested and allowed to recover.

I am wondering what Cowher was thinking? I know he was a lame duck coach going thru the motions but the best chance for them to win was with a healthy QB vs. at minimum Jags (after his appendix) and Oakland (after his concussion)

I am guessing his fling and breakup with Natalie Gulbis had more to do with it than anything. :dunno: