Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Hey Sux

9 second ... 1995 Convertible. So, he's gotta get his NHRA license now, you even hafta pass a physical ... if yer car breaks 10 seconds on the track.

It's sick ... he could tell you all about it. Was street legal for awhile, just a superchargered 5.0 and I thought it was scary fast then. He says' he's SORE ... from driving it. I guess he's violently impacting the drivers seat during launch ..... what... foam rubber padding? Lotta rules and regs ... prolly hafta be fire retarded and everything.

At any rate ... it's a serious race car ... and he's serious about racing. I think it's nuts ... to spend that much money on a car, you can't drive on the street. And it's a convertible.

AND ... stuffed away in a garage .... he's got a real barn find from Iowa. 1968 Pontiac GTO, with the 440 and the Hearst His/Hers shifter. His wife pretty much totalled it, in an accident ... but she was fine. And he had a 66 Chevelle SS clone ... real SS hood, and a top notch 327 ... sold it for $3500 ... it was just a 66 Chevelle, missing the original 293. Fast car. Faster than a factory 396. I told him he was selling it too cheap ... FAST, 66 Chevelle SS clone. All exterior chrome, needed some good paint and interior. We're talking like 3 or 4 years ago. Was a $10,000 car, easy. But hey ... whatever he tells me, if he's OK wid it .... fuggedabouhdit.

Ok? That 68 GTO someday ... we're gonna rebuild it. That's a classic there. Numbers matching. That 66 Chevelle was sweet though. My brother is gonna regret that .... forever. Sold it, BEFORE Fast and the Furious made 60's muscle cars worth their weight in gold.

But I told him, will forever tell him ... $3500 was way too cheap. Looked EXACTLY like a 1966 Chevelle SS 396. Had a real SS hood .... my brother traded the original 293 motor for the SS hood, and then built a 327 for it. That was a sweet car.

Looked almost exactly like THIS!

Oh, but I have even worse stories ... although my brother still complains about some Oldsmobile "Pace Car" my dad wouldn't let him buy.

Me ... well there's 2 that stand out. An old lady gave me first chance to buy her 1967 GTO that was just pristine, for $3500. We're talking 1988, it was a $10,000 car then. ALSO ... this one I really regret. Had a guy, with a 1967 Mustang GT Fastback ... running, but not the original motor ... had a 351 Cleveland in it. If I remember right, the guy wanted like $3,000 for it .... which even then was a good deal. Was willing to trade me for my 69 Coupe and like $500 cash ... and I just decided it seemed like a bad idea. Too good to be true. Also had a neighbor, that had 2 ... a 1969 and a 1970 Mach 1. Totally legit ... I think he said $5,000 for either one. The 70 was like a real bright, 1970 blue ... and I think the 69 was brown and white, maybe faded black and white ... with the factory shaker hood. I wish I had bought them all. That 67 GT Fastback though .... it's like a great poker hand, you know you hafta lay down .... and you just hope you made the right decision. That car today, same shape .... $45,000.

Do you ever watch the Bartlett - Jacksons autions on the "speed" channel? If not, you should. It's amazing what some of the older cars go for. :banana: