Sign in to follow this  
beercat

UK

Cincinnati radio station is saying that Tubby Smith has resigned from UK to become the next coach at Minnesota. :dunno:

Cincinnati radio station is saying that Tubby Smith has resigned from UK to become the next coach at Minnesota. :dunno:

Lance McAllister much?

:dunno:

Lance McAllister much?

:dunno:

:dunno: yep

Tried sending you an e-mail earlier and it was kicked back. Another DUI checkpoint tomorrow night.

:dunno: yep

Tried sending you an e-mail earlier and it was kicked back. Another DUI checkpoint tomorrow night.

I saw that. I try to avoid the "friendly" confines of Hamiltucky.

It'll be official tomorrow:

Tubby Smith will be named Gophers men’s basketball coach, according to people close to the program. The university said this afternoon that it has called a news conference to announce the new coach Friday at noon. Smith is expected to arrive in the Twin Cities later today.

Linky.

Was Tubby on the way out at Kentucky? I don't see how this is a good career move for him...

Should have been wooed to take the opening at Iowa :mad: 

AS a UK alum ( undergrad ) YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

Kentucky Basketball will finally get back on track among the elite once agian !

AS a UK alum ( undergrad ) YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

Kentucky Basketball will finally get back on track among the elite once agian !

Smith has led Kentucky to one National Championship in 1998, a perfect 16-0 regular season conference record in 2003, five SEC regular season championships (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005) and five SEC Tournament titles (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004), with six Sweet Sixteen finishes and three Elite Eight finishes (1999, 2003, 2005) in his nine seasons. He totaled 100 wins quicker than any other Wildcat coach except Hall of Famer Adolph Rupp, reaching the plateau in 130 games.

His record sucked. :unsure:

I'm a UC fan, but have always held an admiration for Smith. You guys really treated him like crap. I'm glad he left on his terms and not on the "fans" terms.

Good luck on trying to get Pat Riley or Rick Pitino, though.