Sign in to follow this  
mikedemelo

What to do....

PLaying in a 12 team 3 player (QB, RB, WR) keeper league. Standard scoring.

I have the first overall pick. Many of the top RBs will be back in the draft pool this year b/c their contracts have all expired.

I've been offered the following trade:

Maroney or McGahee and

Stallworth or Gates and

# 9 overall and

#117 overall

for

#1 overall

If you take the deal, your RB and WR/TE keeper are set - but would I be giving up too much? My concern is really that McGahee may not produce top fantasy numbers this year in BAL.

My concern is really that McGahee may not produce top fantasy numbers this year in BAL.

McGahee isn't a concern since Maroney is the RB you would want out of that deal anyway.

Who do you have the potential to get at #9? That's the big question, since the meat of the trade comes down to LT vs. Maroney + #9.

McGahee isn't a concern since Maroney is the RB you would want out of that deal anyway.

Who do you have the potential to get at #9? That's the big question, since the meat of the trade comes down to LT vs. Maroney + #9.

Yes, what Parja said... (is LT back in the pool?)

Maroney, Gates, (who can you get at #9), #117

Really would need to know the top 10 players that will be available on the board, tbh.

see, my thinking is different...

first, i'm assuming you don't have a better RB prospect since you would keep McGahee/Maroney.

second, i'm guessing you don't have a better WR option to keep than Stallworth?? not that i think Gates is a bad TE keeper, but i would think a top-tier WR is still a better keeper than a top-tier TE...

so who are your current keeper prospects, and who are the top 10-15 players you project to be available??

also, look at it this way:

1. the 117th pick isn't really significant unless you have really deep rosters... 3 keepers, means that's really like a 13th round pick

2. he's obviously not keeping any of those guys anyway, so if you really had other decent keepers, you could keep the ones you have, and still get McGahee/Maroney #1 overall - unless you think there will be someone better available...

we need more info...

Key players who will be available:

RB

Alexander

LT

Edge

Rudi Johnson

Dillon

WR

TO

Randy Moss

Chad Johnson

Joe Horn

QB

P Manning

Bulger

Brady

Delhomme

Majority of other key players are being kept on contract.

My current roster/keepers

QB - Vince Young (keeper)

RB - Lamont Jordan, DeAngelo Williams (don't want to keep either)

WR - Santana Moss (my only WR worth considering a keeper)

First, try to trade down to some other team willing to overpay for Russell, and waste millions of dollars and a draft pick on that turd.

Try to pick up as many picks as you can, and start shoring up those positions where your needs are greatest. This is typically lineman and linebackers.

JMHO

RB

Alexander

LT

Edge

Rudi Johnson

Dillon

WR

TO

Randy Moss

Chad Johnson

Joe Horn

QB

P Manning

Bulger

Brady

Delhomme

ok, so that paints a MUCH clearer picture for all of us...

but i'm assuming the guy you'd be making the trade w/ would be keeping either McGahee or Maroney himself? he doesn't have a 3rd option, does he?

i'm looking at it like this... you basically have two options for your keepers and 1st round pick:

Option #1:

QB: Young

RB1: LT (taken w/ 1st round pick)

RB2: DeAngelo (who i actually think will be pretty decent this year)

WR: SMoss.

Option #2:

QB: Young

RB1: Maroney

RB2: maybe Edge or Dillon - and i think that's if you're lucky... at #9, you're counting on at least 4 of the guys ahead of you NOT going RB in round 1.

WR/TE: Gates or Stallworth

personally, i like option 1 a WHOLE lot better...

reasons:

i like LT/DeAngelo is a better combo than Maroney and ??

I think SMoss is just as good, if not better than Stallworth - especially in a NE where they spread the ball around.

if you REALLY want to get out of the #1 spot, i'd think you should be able to get a better offer... that's basically saying he'd give you Maroney+Dillon+117th pick for LT.... i really don't like that (especially since Dillon doesn't even have a job at this point)...

RB

Alexander

LT

Edge

Rudi Johnson

Dillon

WR

TO

Randy Moss

Chad Johnson

Joe Horn

QB

P Manning

Bulger

Brady

Delhomme

Dont do the deal. With the 9th pick, Manning, Brady, TO, CJ, SA, LT, Rudi and Edge will all be gone. So with the 9th pick you will be able to pick Dillon, RMoss, Horn, Bulger or Delhome. Pair one of those guys up with McGahee or Maroney and see if that equals LT. I dont think so.

See if he will give you Maroney and McGahee, would at least make the deal more possible.

famousb has it right on the money!

but he forgot

Option #3:

wait for the Madden curse to come about before you pull the trigger on the #1 overall trade. If LT is on the cover, do the deal

YWIA