Sign in to follow this  
mikedemelo

League Conversion

I commish a league that's going into it's 6th year now and many of the owners have played together for much longer. Current setup is 12-team 3 player keeper. We'll be voting on rule changes in the next week and one is a proposal to convert to a dynasty league and possibly expand to 14-teams.

Does anybody have any experiencing converting a keeper league to a dynasty league?

I'm almost positive this will pass and will need to start laying the ground work to get things in order. I'm curious to know what worked and what didn't work b/c I anticipate lots of potential stumbling blocks.

Only fair way to start a dynasty league is to drop everyone.... pick draft order out of a hat (or do an auction) and start from scratch.... Not fair to change a keeper to a dynasty any other way IMO

I was in a keeper league that converted into a dynasty league.

We did it over the course of 3-4 years, we went from 3 keepers to 6 keepers to 9 keepers...then drafted in the 4th year to round out our 20 man roster.

If you are adding 2 new teams and want to convert, I would probably do the following:

Limit keepers to 2 per team

Have the 2 new teams run a mini draft to get there 2 keepers

set your dynasty rules and randomize draft

Run a draft based on beginning the dynasty after the 2007 season.

Everyone has to give in a bit, and your new owners aren't at a complete disadvantage starting out.

Ideally, you clear rosters and start fresh but if it's not an option.

You have to restart the keeper rule until after season 1 of 14 teams. If its a money league, it has to start on an even playing field for the first draft.

I was in a keeper league that converted into a dynasty league.

We did it over the course of 3-4 years, we went from 3 keepers to 6 keepers to 9 keepers...then drafted in the 4th year to round out our 20 man roster.

If you are adding 2 new teams and want to convert, I would probably do the following:

Limit keepers to 2 per team

Have the 2 new teams run a mini draft to get there 2 keepers

set your dynasty rules and randomize draft

Run a draft based on beginning the dynasty after the 2007 season.

Everyone has to give in a bit, and your new owners aren't at a complete disadvantage starting out.

Ideally, you clear rosters and start fresh but if it's not an option.

This has to be done, or its bogus.