Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

1953 Willys Overland Jeep 4x4 Pickup

I found it. Helped him push it onto his trailer today. He's gonna do a frame off ... be a killer retromod. He's prepared to sink 10 grand into it. It's a shell.

Be a bad ass 4x4 though. Keep telling my bro, "It was born a 4x4".

Gotta keep it a 4x4! He wont listen.

$500

Wasn't easy to get it rolling. But it's in my bro's backyard now.

There's other deals out there. I gave this one up. Almost bought a 1988 Wrangler this morning for $800. Woulda bought it, but it sold.

Kinda torn ... I can spend like $700-800 and get back the full hard top and sliders (sold my old sliders for $350) that I used to have and really increase the value of my Jeep at the same time.

OR ... summertime ... best time to find that killer project.

Just missed a 1967 GTO the other day .... $1,000. A steal.

There is a little brass emblem riveted to the front quarter. Says, "Original Overland Jeep" and I spit on my thumb and cleaned that off ... and pointed it out to my brother. "Dude ... you gotta keep that!"

Baby steps. He'll listen to me eventually.

Oh yeah, and my brother's crappy battery for his winch wasn't charged enough ... little 2,000 lb piece of crap anyway, so I drove my Jeep up on the neighbors lawn (with permission) and we used my Jeep (MOPAR) battery to power his crap-ass winch. And I focking pushed, as hard as I could. Got it on the trailer. Pushed like I was maxing out, I was all, "AAAAHHHHRGGGHHH!!" like my bro was reeling in a fish, "Ok, one more ... I got it tight now .... PUSH!"

"AAAAAHHHRGGGGHHH!"

I really am a total bad ass. Pushed that truck up onto his trailer. Most the drivetrain was in the back. No steering wheel, had to turn the wheels manually.

I can feel it in my shoulders. That required some serious bad-assery. My shoulder definition is sick. I don't know anybody else strong enough to pull that off. There's a reason why my brother asked me to help. I'm a big, strong mf'er.