Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

What's this worth? Misprinted Aug. 96 Playboy

When I worked at Playboy, they used to give the stuff that came off the press wrong (extras) to the art department. We'd use them for all kinds of things, but they mostly got destroyed. Anyway, one day, I was sitting there, flipping through an August 96 reject, trying to find out what was wrong with it, and I came to the first page of the Shaq interview. Flipped the page. There it is again. So, I figured this Shaq guy could be good someday, and this rare, misprinted Playboy issue could be valuable. So, I kept it.

So, the other day, just for the heck of it, I decide to put it on Craigslist. See if I can trade it for some kinda muscle car project. I just got an email from some dude ... says he'll trade me a 69 GTO Judge, numbers matching.

Now, I don't know the value of this magazine. It may be worth $50, it may be worth $10,000. But I do know the value of that car ... and it's over $10,000.

If this guy is for real .... I think I gotta do it.

clearly the biggest focking liar this site has ever seen. I sold my '68 GTO for $18,000 5 years ago. The Judge is worth closer to $40,000.

Next time you tell an outrageous lie like someone will trade you a $40K rare muscle car for a misprinted playboy, at least do a little research first.

This site would be so much better if it weren't for all the inane focking posts by this assclown. :D

Sigh, I just got the email from the dude an hour ago. You can go to Phoenix craigslist and check for the post yourself. It's in "collectibles". My brother said the Judge was worth 20k, but I have no idea what condition it's in, OR if this is some kinda scam. Like I said ... IF THIS GUY IS FOR REAL ... I GOTTA DO IT, RIGHT?

Also ... I said OVER 10k ... focktard. Sheeze.

so whats this wild error? is HE the centerfold instead?

so whats this wild error? is HE the centerfold instead?

No, the first page of the interview (you know, classic Playboy interview layout) is bound in there twice. Really my whole collection. A baseball cap and a backpack from the 96 sales retreat (each less than 1 in 50). And some party invitations. James Carville party. Couple others. Business cards.

Hmmm...this is a classic misprinted 1955 Playboy that's up to a whopping $9.95 thus far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLAYBOY-MAG-JULY-1955-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Perhaps he is offering you a Hot Wheels GTO? :wall:

Could be.

However, earlier issues are much more easily found with errors. And it's Shaq! It's also not an error, that MIGHT just be a smudge. Clear, whole extra page that shouldn't be there.

It's got greta "provenance" for sure though. 100 years from now, might be worth more than a 69 Judge. My first offer to the public. Rare items, only a Playboy employee would have access too.

I have some soy sauce packets.

What if it was a MARINATED and misprinted issue?

Then how much would you pay?

68 Shelby GT500 KR?

I don't know if it's just me but for a misprinted copy of Playboy to have any additional value, the misprint would have to include stuff like pages of photos of a babe that's never been seen nekkid before and that weren't meant to be in there. "Hey wait a minute what's this layout of Halle Berry licking Jennifer Aniston's box doing in there?"

Since no one reads Playboy for the articles, why would having an additional interview page make it more worthwhile? The articles get in the way of the pictures anyway.

I don't know if it's just me but for a misprinted copy of Playboy to have any additional value, the misprint would have to include stuff like pages of photos of a babe that's never been seen nekkid before and that weren't meant to be in there. "Hey wait a minute what's this layout of Halle Berry licking Jennifer Aniston's box doing in there?"

Since no one reads Playboy for the articles, why would having an additional interview page make it more worthwhile? The articles get in the way of the pictures anyway.

Actually ... that too. Unpublished photo from the "Women of Atlanta" ... same August 96 Issue. Considered "Too Penthouse" to publish.

Not sure I can legally sell that.

Actually ... that too. Unpublished photo from the "Women of Atlanta" ... same August 96 Issue. Considered "Too Penthouse" to publish.

Not sure I can legally sell that.

On your virtual mental holodeck, you can sell anything you want. For any amount of money/sex you want.

Wow ... that would be quite a lie. Get the business cards all printed up, start talking about it on this board, in the past tense, like 7 years ago ... in the meantime aquire specific, rare Playboy items from 1996. Offer the collection for sale on craigslist with items either specific to somone with the exact same name as me, or perhaps .... that was a lie too? I've invented an alias of an actual person that really worked for Playboy. I also have a paycheck stub. How's that for evidence? It matches my social security number.