Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

Liberal Soros group takes credit for Imus takedown....

Did I not say you can chalk this annihilation of an entire career up to the libs? Some zombies here laughed when I made those comments................well waddya know. Thanks for sticking to your 1st amendment guns libs.......phuckin hypocrites. You are destroying this country.

UNHORSED JOCKEY

Behind the Fall of Imus,

A Digital Brush Fire

In a Blur, Watchdogs, Blogs, Email, Spur

Radio Host's Firing

By BROOKS BARNES, EMILY STEEL and SARAH MCBRIDE

April 13, 2007; Page A1

At 6:14 a.m. on Wednesday, April 4, relatively few people were tuned into the "Imus in the Morning Show" when Don Imus referred to the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed ho's."

Ryan Chiachiere was. A 26-year-old researcher in Washington, D.C., for liberal watchdog organization Media Matters for America, he was assigned to monitor Mr. Imus's program. Mr. Chiachiere clipped the video, alerted his bosses and started working on a blog post for the organization's Web site.

Yesterday, after eight days of dizzying activity, CBS pulled the plug on Mr. Imus's hugely successful radio show. One day earlier, MSNBC had canceled its broadcast of the show on cable TV. CBS had originally suspended Mr. Imus for two weeks, but succumbed amid an escalating national outcry and an exodus of big advertisers. "All of us have been deeply upset and revulsed by the statements that were made on our air," CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves said yesterday in a written statement.

Mr. Imus, who didn't respond to repeated calls seeking comment, had for years been making outrageous and frequently crude remarks about risky subjects such as race, sex and gender, a style that millions of listeners had embraced. The media executives and advertisers profiting from Mr. Imus's popularity stood by him as protests occasionally surfaced. They usually subsided after a few days.

This time it was different. The target was a sympathetic team of young athletes. In the ensuing furor, the lucrative and often vulgar business of talk radio found itself running into new limits, as the Internet sent Mr. Imus to millions of PC screens, driving executives, advertisers and employees to distance themselves from his racist words.

On the morning of the original broadcast, there was little response to Mr. Imus's slur. Media Matters posted the video and transcript on its Web site and sent an email blast to several hundred reporters, as it does nearly every day. The post received dozens of comments, many heated, some more than 300 words long. The next day, top news outlets didn't mention the incident.

On Thursday, at about 3 p.m., NBC News President Steve Capus was conducting a routine planning meeting in his third-floor offices at Rockefeller Center when an assistant interrupted him to take an urgent phone call, according to a person at the meeting. On the other line: MSNBC General Manager Dan Abrams. Mr. Abrams said MSNBC executives were fielding complaints from viewers and employees who had seen a video clip of Mr. Imus's remark on the Media Matters site, this person says.

The group is a Web-based nonprofit organization devoted to monitoring "conservative misinformation" in print, broadcast, cable, radio and Internet media outlets. It frequently complains about Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. Although the Imus show isn't generally considered conservative, some of its guests are.

........more of the story here

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB117...ff_main_tff_top

I don't even like Imus, but this is bullshiit. These so called black leaders who lead the charge to get him thrown off the air are way bigger racists than Imus is.

Where is the ACLU to help in Imus's defence of the right to free speech. I have they right to say it and you have the right to be offended. Just like all kinds of things that get said offend me, but hey, I don't lead a shakedown organization like Jess Jackson. These motherfockers make me sick, and they offend me all the time.

If they(black leaders) are offfended, you are a bigot. If I am offended, well I must be intolerant. :wub:

Focking liberals :dunno: :dunno:

Im beginning to understand that I am just smarter than most of you here, with a few exceptions who may be my equal. You either cant see past the nose on your own face, or are just stupid and dont get it, or you get it but are totally for it. Heres a clue........communism......has never won. Goodbye poosays.

I guess the liberals got mopped up in that RP thread and are regrouping. :thumbsup: