Sign in to follow this  
aindopieguy

updating in office x for mac

hi mike. i am trying to use the update button in excel in excel office x for macs. once i press the button, a window pops up with the title being microsoft visual basic and the window says "run time error 1004" "unable to open http://fftodayforums.........

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE? HELP ME OUT!

thanks,

jay

Hi Jay. I haven't heard any issues from other Mac users, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem would be. Any other Mac users reading this, has the update projections feature worked for you?

Let me send an email to few people who I know are using a Mac and I'll see if they have tried it out or not.

Can you walk me through exactly what is happening? Are you getting an error message? Does any part of the update projections feature seem to work (i.e. does the Compiler do anything after hitting the button)?

I don't have a Mac so bear with me, but I would have thought if the other macros work for a Mac so would this one. I hope!

I'm getting the same problem, but only when I set up draft buddy. It says a run time error has occured. There is an option in mac to click debug, so I did. It brings me to a Module1 (Code). Right after If OpenCompiler="Yes"Then

Workboods.Open (CompilerPath&"\"& CompilerFileName) is highlighted.

My other problem is my excel shuts down when I try to update the compiler.

onebigcake, I believe as long as you have the Compiler file open in the background when you hit the Draft Buddy setup then you shouldn't get that error. It isn't necessary in Windows but one minor nuance with the Mac.

And another one on the update projections thing :rolleyes: If you bought since July 1 then you have the latest projections. If you bought before that drop me a note and I will send you the updated version. Very soon we will have a login system in place so you can download new versions.