Sign in to follow this  
Fun Bags

Yet another car question for SUX...

How much can I expect to pay for a new windshield on a 2001 Chev Blazer?

Off the top of my head, I have no idea...

What I can do is look it up for you on friday when I get back to work :banana:

Do you need an anwser right away? If so, I live less then a mile from work and can look it up for you tomorrow. Also, are you sure you need the whole thing? I don't know a whole lot about the process, but there are alot of windshield repair places out there that can fix the "spider tracks" type of issues.

No rush...just something I want to take care of this summer and was wondering what it will set me back.

I am just assuming I need a new one. One crack runs about mid height from passenger side towards drivers side about 1/3 of the way across window. Another one runs vertical about midway across window. It extends about 1/4 of the way up then makes a 90 degree turn toward the driver's side for about 2 inches. Both of these continue to expand. I figure they will soon be in my primary viewing area. Another spot has a chip out from where a rock hit, but it never spread.

No rush...just something I want to take care of this summer and was wondering what it will set me back.

I am just assuming I need a new one. One crack runs about mid height from passenger side towards drivers side about 1/3 of the way across window. Another one runs vertical about midway across window. It extends about 1/4 of the way up then makes a 90 degree turn toward the driver's side for about 2 inches. Both of these continue to expand. I figure they will soon be in my primary viewing area. Another spot has a chip out from where a rock hit, but it never spread.

From what little I know about this, I would guess that it has to be replaced....But bump this on Friday and I'll ask some people that know more about it. (There is a windshield "crack" repair facility right down the road I can call and ask)

Either way, if you remind me, I can give you the part and labor cost to get the whole thing replaced. :banana:

The way you are describing it, I wouldn't wait to replace it. I'd replace it asap.

Good Luck!

Probably missed you...I wasn't around at all earlier to bump the thread...

That's ok...I work tomorrow. Make sure you bump it if it isn't on the 1st page :huh:

I totally forgot

Check with your insurance company........in some states the insurance companies pay for the windshield to be repaired or replaced.......I've had mine replaced once, and repaired once. From the sounds of your description, you will need to get it replaced, and you better do it soon.

Most windshields are like $275 [installed].

I have done 2 in the past 5-years and I've used the place that will come to your home/work and do it while you do other things - no change in price.

Check out Safelite Auto Glass I think [around here at least].

Check with your insurance company........in some states the insurance companies pay for the windshield to be repaired or replaced.......I've had mine replaced once, and repaired once. From the sounds of your description, you will need to get it replaced, and you better do it soon.

I thought this would count against you in the future for auto insurance rates?

If so - bite the bullet and leave them out of it.

I thought this would count against you in the future for auto insurance rates?

No, has nothing to do with your insurance rates......the insurance company would rather you have a safe windshied that one that would shatter instantly in a crash.