Sign in to follow this  
PatrickT

Undo Last Pick

I had expected Undo Last Pick to be like many undos, where it undoes as many edits as it has in it's history, but it appears that it undoes the last pick, and that's it. By design, or bug?

If by design, how would I go back 2 or more picks?

Yep, it only goes back 1 pick by design. I looked at it to make it more than one, but couldn't think how to do it. The issue is that in some leagues it isn't as simple as going to the prior line on the draft input tab. If there are keepers distributed throughout the draft input tab (because they cost a draft pick), then the picks/undos aren't necessarily one right after the other. I'll have to think about that some more.

If you need to eliminate more than 1 pick go to the draft input tab, highlight position and player and press Delete.

Another thing I thought before is how often is it going to happen that you'll need to roll back more than 1 pick (this would cause major disruption :dunno: in many of my leagues I'm sure)? This probably would help for mock drafting with Buddy though, wouldn't it? That just came to me...

Yep, it only goes back 1 pick by design. I looked at it to make it more than one, but couldn't think how to do it. The issue is that in some leagues it isn't as simple as going to the prior line on the draft input tab. If there are keepers distributed throughout the draft input tab (because they cost a draft pick), then the picks/undos aren't necessarily one right after the other. I'll have to think about that some more.

If you need to eliminate more than 1 pick go to the draft input tab, highlight position and player and press Delete.

Another thing I thought before is how often is it going to happen that you'll need to roll back more than 1 pick (this would cause major disruption :banana: in many of my leagues I'm sure)? This probably would help for mock drafting with Buddy though, wouldn't it? That just came to me...

All depends on your league. I know a lot of folks get religious fervor during a draft, but we're pretty laid back about it. If I can just go back to the draft input tab and delete players, and they reappear in their appropriate draft sheets, that's plenty good enough. It would indeed be rare during a live draft to go back more than one, can't actually think of an event where it happened, I was more curious as to whether it was a bug or not.

Yep, it only goes back 1 pick by design. I looked at it to make it more than one, but couldn't think how to do it. This probably would help for mock drafting with Buddy though, wouldn't it? That just came to me...

Um, yes. This is a big negative, IMHO, and definitely a step down from a certain other Web site's similar software. :pointstosky:

Um, yes. This is a big negative, IMHO, and definitely a step down from a certain other Web site's similar software. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure this qualifies as a big negative. You can flip to the draft input tab, highlight the positions and players names you want to rollback, and hit delete, to remove them all in one step. This is probably faster than clicking the undo button 4, 5, 6 or however many times is needed.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a big negative. You can flip to the draft input tab, highlight the positions and players names you want to rollback, and hit delete, to remove them all in one step. This is probably faster than clicking the undo button 4, 5, 6 or however many times is needed.

What I like to do for a mock is draft using ADP for several rounds and see what's left for me each round. To reverse that, you'd either have to flip back each time or search for the ADP numbers as you highlight them and delete. Maybe it's not a "big" negative, as I said, but it's definitely less convenient. Whatever, though. Nice product. I'm mostly happy. :P