Sign in to follow this  
Corky76

2 drafts for the same league in one season?

I commish a league and one of the members emailed me about another league he's in and a rule they implemented last year that he's absolutely raving about. Here's the basics: For my 12 team league starting 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K,1D we would hold a draft on Labor Day weekend that would have 10 rounds which would leave everyone to basically have to start who they draft for the first 3 weeks. Then, after week 3 of the season (before the first bye week) we would hold a 2nd "Mini-draft" that would have 6 more rounds for a total of 16 roster spots where the current last place team would have first pick.

I'm not sure if I like this idea or not...... I've gone back and forth on it all day......

Has anyone ever played in a league with something like this and if so, what did you think?

I've never personally tried it, and don't think I would.

In this scenario, you're essentially awarding someone who got off to a bad start with first grab at the top sleepers of the year. This would basically screw all the guys who did their homework and planned on taking the breakout WR or whatever in the later rounds. :lol:

Plus, how would the WW work? If someone were to go down, you'd just have to put up a goose egg at that position since picking up a free agent would dip into the draft pool, and then the guys picking early in draft #2 would be pissed. :first:

I see nothing wrong with the way drafts are set up now. Change for the sake of change isn't an idea I'm very fond of.

Stick to the tried and true way, or go Auction. :mellow:

If it ain't broke... :clap:

:mellow:

OMG that sounds horrible. My favorite part of the draft is finding those "sleepers" in the late rounds and this method takes that away.

:( x3

Yep, I sent out an email for the league to vote on that proposed change and I've had all no's and 2 people say they'd quit the league! Along with that and the consensus here it's definitely a no-go. The only positives I saw was that it would make it a little more exciting because you would have that second draft, and it might make the league more even instead of 1 or 2 dominant teams.... I'm not even going to name all the negatives I came up with because there are just too many. Thanks for the opinions though.