Sign in to follow this  
typhus

Return yardage leagues

Not liking it, but our commish decided to count 1pt-10yd, and 6-td for return guys.

Trying to get an idea from others that have to play with this scoring feature on who the top return guys are.

I know Wes Welker, and dante Hall are the easy names,,, what are some others?

Will kevin curtis be returning kicks as the number 2wr in Philly?

Anyone? need names please,, little help here,,, 4 picks till Im up. Santonio Holmes is still on the board, as well as Kevin Curtis,, just not sure if they are getting the return duties.

what round are you on? im in a league that counts yardage for kicks. its better to find guys who already have good stats, plus return yardage. also kicks are FAR better than punts cuz you get a lot more yardage.

i love santonio holmes, hes in my top 15 in that league. dante hall was #13 in our scoring two years ago cuz of lots of return yardage plus almost 500 yards receiving.

ted ginn is someone to keep your eye on later as a hall clone.

rare is the player who is only valuable from kick yardage. at least super valuable. try to find guys who do both. players like MJD and bush are obviously great.

what round are you on? im in a league that counts yardage for kicks. its better to find guys who already have good stats, plus return yardage. also kicks are FAR better than punts cuz you get a lot more yardage.

i love santonio holmes, hes in my top 15 in that league. dante hall was #13 in our scoring two years ago cuz of lots of return yardage plus almost 500 yards receiving.

ted ginn is someone to keep your eye on later as a hall clone.

rare is the player who is only valuable from kick yardage. at least super valuable. try to find guys who do both. players like MJD and bush are obviously great.

Its a keep 6 league, and we are in the third round. My only WR (kept) is Burress, so I really need to make up some ground quick with a guy that starts and returns kicks,,, Santonio is still sitting there, so Im probably going there.

Might even sang Dante Hall on the turn, (14 team league and Im picking 11),,, since he is now with the Rams, wondering if he will be more active in the lineup.

MJD was money.

bobby wade and joshua cribbs were also nice. wade moved to minnesota though.

Recommend you talk to commish changing to 20 yards per point rather than 10. Our work league tried this last year discovering that return guys were scoring in excess of their status in the game. Wideouts like Welker were scoring more than a handful of elite receivers. D/ST such as Bears with Hester scored more than would be expected. Part-way into the season, we changed it to 1 point per 20 yards and things were more in balance.

Alright,, a little update here. I got Santonio Holmes, so Im happy about that, and Im looking to take another return/wr here in about 5 picks...... Im looking at Bobby Wade and Dante Hall. Both of these guys are ranked in the top 25 wrs in this crazy league....lol

Who in your opinion has more upside on their respective teams? They are both ranked right next to each other in the league stats, with Wade getting the nod at 1a. Im liking the fact that Dante Hall is with the Rams offense this year,,, do you think that he will get looks as the number 3 wr? Moreso than Wade?

Nedd help ASAP... thanks for your responses guys,, Typhus

Up until last year D. Hall was a top 3 WR is this scoring system - with the move to St Louis, who knows?

Pass on Welker until late - you never know who's returning kicks in NE.

Take a quick trip over to Sportingnews NFL Depth Charts. They are usually the most accurate. It's really a crapshoot from week to week.

You want guys on bad teams:

Eddie Drummond DET is great

J Cribbs CLE

D Hester coulb be OK, but if you look at his return numbers, aside from the TD's, they were not that great due to the lack of kickoff returns - the D was too good.

Houston usually has a good kick returner

Jeff Webb - good sleeper. Took over for D Hall last year when he missed time. Any KC KR should be huge.

For the most part, return guys will be cut and picked up all the way to the regular season. Teams cut that position as they work out their other positions.

Good Luck

Up until last year D. Hall was a top 3 WR is this scoring system - with the move to St Louis, who knows?

Pass on Welker until late - you never know who's returning kicks in NE.

Take a quick trip over to Sportingnews NFL Depth Charts. They are usually the most accurate. It's really a crapshoot from week to week.

You want guys on bad teams:

Eddie Drummond DET is great

J Cribbs CLE

D Hester coulb be OK, but if you look at his return numbers, aside from the TD's, they were not that great due to the lack of kickoff returns - the D was too good.

Houston usually has a good kick returner

Jeff Webb - good sleeper. Took over for D Hall last year when he missed time. Any KC KR should be huge.

For the most part, return guys will be cut and picked up all the way to the regular season. Teams cut that position as they work out their other positions.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info and I really appreciate it,, but Im really looking for guys that are double dippers, in starting roles at wr and getting return duties as well. Im up like in two picks,,, and Hackett is still on the board,,, do you know if he has any return ability in Seattle or do they use someone else on kick offs? Seattle homers,,, come out of the woodwork...please. Others on the board that Im considering are Devry Henderson, Matt Jones , Gregg Jennings, Joey Galloway, Ronald Curry and Drew Carter?

Thanks guys... Typhus