Sign in to follow this  
WisconsinBills

Can I manually adjust rankings?

First year user here, still playing with the software trying to get familiar with it.

I noticed that after setting up my scoring system in the cheatsheet compiler, it gives me a cheatsheet with rankings. Now I want to manually adjust the rankings slightly just because I like certain players more than others. Can I just drag and drop these names up and down without breaking the links to the draft buddy? Or is there a way to move players up and down in the system correctly?

I hope I'm being clear on what I'm trying to say. Thanks for the help.

In Draft Buddy

Go to the "Offense" Tab

At the top you will see written in RED

"If you want to rerank some players...............................scroll to the right"

You then can rerank them as needed and then hit the button at the top to rerank

I hope this helps

Yes, thanks tfult1.

If you just want to change a few guys up and down, without fussing around with the projections, then do that in Draft Buddy. Basically, get the cheatsheets as good as you can to your liking in the Compiler, move them over to Buddy and change them up as tfult1 mentions.

One note: you need to change the Tier and the Rank columns to move the players outside the existing Tier. Buddy re-ranks them based on Tier first and rank second.

Yes, thanks tfult1.

If you just want to change a few guys up and down, without fussing around with the projections, then do that in Draft Buddy. Basically, get the cheatsheets as good as you can to your liking in the Compiler, move them over to Buddy and change them up as tfult1 mentions.

One note: you need to change the Tier and the Rank columns to move the players outside the existing Tier. Buddy re-ranks them based on Tier first and rank second.

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for. You guys rock big time!

I'm also a first year user and think this is a great tool, kudos to everyone involved with putting this gem out there and helping us all out with our questions.

I was tinkering around with adjusting my rankings as well and although I like adjusting the tiers to move someone up or down a tier I also wanted to move people up and down on the overall with notes tab and the info wasn't carrying over. I only have 90 seconds to draft in most of my leagues and I like looking at the offense tab to see who is projected to put up similar points and that is very useful but I get most of my decisions from the overall with notes tabs and I was trying to put LJ out of my top 10.

Anyway, on with the show. I shot Mike an email because I hadn't been able to post my question here yet. Mike suggested that I go to the right of the overall with notes tab and adjust the ranking numbers how I wanted them, then under the Data button on the top bar click sort. That worked great but he warned me it would only work for the right side because it was text only.

I dug a little bit deeper (google is a blessing isn't it?) and found that if you start on the left side of the overall with notes tab and highlight all the players row all the way to the right, cut the information (ctrl + x), then just move the cursor up to the players name that you want to put your current player ABOVE, you could use the insert tab on the top row, and choose Cut Cells and presto it would move the players on both sides. The rankings numbers don't change but that will also help keep me honest to know how much I'm going against what Buddy is suggesting as well.

Hope this is helpful to someone out there. It's not quite click and drag but there it is.