Sign in to follow this  
buccs69

Keeper question

Westbrook or Parker  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who to keep?

• Westbrook
    • Parker

Who would you keep in a keeper league? Westbrook or Fast Willie?

No PPR, 10 Ru/ReYD = 1 FP and 6 FP per TD.

My first keeper is LT2.

I know Westbrook is ranked slightly higher almost everywhere. My main reason to NOT keep Westbrook is the fact that I also have him in another Dynasty League, and an injury would ruin two teams. I kinda like to spread the risk. Also FWP scored a lot more TD's last year (16 to 11), making up for the lesser yardage (appr. 200 yards).

Another vote for FWP.

In a non-PPR league I would take FWP over Westy.

PIT is going to change the offense slightly but I don't think that this will influence the numbers of FWP much.

Westbrook is more or less injured since he started in the NFL, this scares me a bit, although I would take him over FWP in a PPR league hoping that he will be fine.

Nevertheless, I would go with FWP

"Parker (knee soreness) told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he's ready to start Saturday in the Steelers' next preseason game. But the coaches have yet to clear him.

Parker says he won't need surgery after the season, but he remained vague about what's wrong with his knee. Meanwhile, fantasy owners wait -- and hold their breath -- hoping to see him perform before they have their drafts."

Now that is a bit worrying. I am afraid of Westbrook getting hurt and now this. I need declare my keepers tomorrow.

Probably switching back to Westbrook now.

Parker has soreness in his knee, the new offensive coordinator wants to use a lot of 3 and 4 wide, FWP might lose some goalline carries to Davenport and Barlow. All this adds up to an easy choice of Westbrook. FWP's value is falling.

"Parker (knee soreness) told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he's ready to start Saturday in the Steelers' next preseason game. But the coaches have yet to clear him.

Parker says he won't need surgery after the season, but he remained vague about what's wrong with his knee. Meanwhile, fantasy owners wait -- and hold their breath -- hoping to see him perform before they have their drafts."

Now that is a bit worrying. I am afraid of Westbrook getting hurt and now this. I need declare my keepers tomorrow.

I'd still go FWP. Westy hasn't played a full season his entire career. His value is also directly tied to McNabb who can't stay healthy. FWP has a little knee swelling and to be honest it worries me a bit. That being said we all KNOW Westy has bad knees so FWP is still a safer pick imo.

Please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=279500

I would still probably keep FWP- but that is just me. I understand your hesitance and since Westy is a also a good option it wouldn't be the worst decision. But I wouldn't want to make a huge fantasy decision based on a blurb-story that comes out of training camp. I think it is just another case of resting your star player and giving bogus reasons to keep him out of meaningless preseason games where he could get injured or atleast worn down a little. I am keeping Willie, and until this becomes a bigger deal (I don't think it will), I'm not going to freak out about it. Remember- Westy is just as prone to injury anyway...

Here's mine, if you get a chance:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...697&hl=drew