Sign in to follow this  
Casey71

Keeper

Greg Olsen or John Beck...on my first pick. I have 8th in 10 person. All the top RB's will be gone anyway.

I would chose neither. You think hunt will be gone? at 8th in a rookie draft i expect a better pick than the 2 you mentioned.

Lynch

AP

Russell

Calvin johnson

Brandon Jackson

Quinn

top 6 i would say

that leaves

Chris henry

Cecil Sapp

A Bradshaw

Tony hunt

to fall to you, i like those guys better, and hunt is going to be a goal line back this year, i would snag him first. the 2 guys ahead of sapp are both injured right now, he is another solid late first rookie pick.

from NFL.com

Philadelphia Eagles running back Tony Hunt, hailed as a much-needed power-rushing complement to RB Brian Westbrook, has quickly found a niche as the Eagles top short-yardage and goal line running option. "During training camp we put him in that situation ... goal line and short yardage," head coach Andy Reid said. "We thought he did a pretty good job there so we're giving him an opportunity now during the preseason games to do it. I was impressed by how he got his pad level down. He's naturally a high runner. He was able to drop his pads down and run with power."

For the time being, it appears Hunt has carved out a role in Philadelphia. And if the rookie continues to have success down by the goal line, he could get a fair amount of touches in similar situations when the games start to count.

"If that's how it turns out I'd be happy with it," Hunt said. "The biggest thing is just finding a role coming into a new team. You want to know what to know 'What do I need to do? How am I going to contribute?' You're kind of lost for a while at first.

"I think if need be, I'm going to get the job done."

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Every year, there seems to be a player that emerges from "nowhere" to grab the short yardage TDs. Looks like that player could be Tony Hunt this season. It could spell bad news for Westbrook and Buckhalter if Hunt settles into this role. In 2006, Westbrook had 7 goal line carries. Correll Buckhalter had 6 goal line carries.

Might be good in a redraft, not a keeper situation...Hunt doesn't sound like "the guy". Just a big guy who can do short yardage.

Might be good in a redraft, not a keeper situation...Hunt doesn't sound like "the guy". Just a big guy who can do short yardage.

Just like brandon jacobs??

You have to remember he is behind 2 guys that constantly get injured. I am not saying they will this year, you never bank on players getting injured when drafting backups.

Hunt may not be the guy you want to take, but you REALLY dont want to waste a first round rookie draft pick on either beck or olsen, i am just trying to help you find someone better.