Sign in to follow this  
Razin

wr help

I would go Colston. Boldin has moved into a run first offense, with a stud WR oppisite him, i dont think he has the potential to be top 8, i would expect his ceiling to be around the 8-15 spot, although i bet he has a higher percentage of hitting that, than either evans or colston, but I think Colston and evans each have a chance of breaking into the top 8. I think Colston has a higher percentage of doing it just because he is in a top 3 offense in the league. Also last year Evans had a couple games that greatly inflated his numbers during garbage time, he isnt as consistant week to week as the other guys(think a poor mans chad johnson). But really a magic 8 ball will tell you as much as anyone's best guess will, between these 3.

All of them will be top ten good but my choice would be L. Evans. Expect 80 rec 1300+ 12TD.

I would go Colston. Boldin has moved into a run first offense, with a stud WR oppisite him, i dont think he has the potential to be top 8, i would expect his ceiling to be around the 8-15 spot, although i bet he has a higher percentage of hitting that, than either evans or colston, but I think Colston and evans each have a chance of breaking into the top 8. I think Colston has a higher percentage of doing it just because he is in a top 3 offense in the league. Also last year Evans had a couple games that greatly inflated his numbers during garbage time, he isnt as consistant week to week as the other guys(think a poor mans chad johnson). But really a magic 8 ball will tell you as much as anyone's best guess will, between these 3.

yeah, that's the direction i'm heading. what are your thoughts of colston's health status? the one thing that worries me is that once he got injured last yr he was never the same down the stretch. and he's already been dealing with "soreness" in preseason--whatever that means.

yeah, that's the direction i'm heading. what are your thoughts of colston's health status? the one thing that worries me is that once he got injured last yr he was never the same down the stretch. and he's already been dealing with "soreness" in preseason--whatever that means.

Last year he had a high-ankle sprain, thats a terrible injury for a WR, because it allows the player to play at 70% and is a fluke injury, and having a full year to recover makes that pretty much a non-issue.

A second MRI on Marques Colston's knee revealed no structural damage.

Colston's injury is described as soreness, but he's already not expected to play in the Saints' next preseason game. Colston and the team are optimistic that it's only the result of typical training camp wear and tear.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=4032

Thats tough to tell. I still would lean colston, but i would be more worried about the pick <_<

Last year he had a high-ankle sprain, thats a terrible injury for a WR, because it allows the player to play at 70% and is a fluke injury, and having a full year to recover makes that pretty much a non-issue.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=4032

Thats tough to tell. I still would lean colston, but i would be more worried about the pick <_<

agreed. that's what i was looking at.

well, colston has great upside but is dealing with "soreness."

evans tends to be inconsistent from game to game.

what about boldin?

agreed. that's what i was looking at.

well, colston has great upside but is dealing with "soreness."

evans tends to be inconsistent from game to game.

what about boldin?

I think Boldin has a higher percentage of finishing top 15 than either evans or Colston, but a lower percentage of finishing top 8 or stud status. Wisenhut is comparing him to ward, and is using him like he used ward in Pittsburgh. And if you look at the numbers ward usually put up it was around a 10-20 WR. So i think thats where he falls. Not as risk/reward.

I think Boldin has a higher percentage of finishing top 15 than either evans or Colston, but a lower percentage of finishing top 8 or stud status. Wisenhut is comparing him to ward, and is using him like he used ward in Pittsburgh. And if you look at the numbers ward usually put up it was around a 10-20 WR. So i think thats where he falls. Not as risk/reward.

thanks. i took colston. yeah like the upside. i'll just have to make sure and get good backup wrs.

Real tossup... but as much as I lick Colston I am concerned about how well he'll handle the #1 handle with all of the coverage that goes along with it.

Boldin is always going to get his numbers... but each game you'll be wondering whether it'll be Boldin's game or Fitz's game. Just like wayne and harrison. Never know.

I'd give Evans the nod only because he seems to be the most likely to repeat his numbers, barring another injury.

JMO.