Sign in to follow this  
beefcurtain

2nd round dilemma

For those of you picking 7-8 in a 10-team league, who are you looking to nab in round 2?

Manning - Is a QB worth going #14?

Portis - Injuries and Betts?

S. Smith/C.Johnson - WR rather than a RB?

R. Brown - Brutal offense, poor preseason?

MJD, Benson, Jacobs - Too early?

I'm actually temped to take Benson or Jacobs. They will get 80 percent of their carries and score TD's. Problem is that I can't trade down to get max value.

For those of you picking 7-8 in a 10-team league, who are you looking to nab in round 2?

I'm actually temped to take Benson or Jacobs. They will get 80 percent of their carries and score TD's. Problem is that I can't trade down to get max value.

Look close at the point scoring in your league. Manning is usually worth it at #14. I Really like MJD, or Bush after Manning in early 2nd round. Mid to late 2nd is a great spot to start nabbing top WR's.

Look close at the point scoring in your league. Manning is usually worth it at #14. I Really like MJD, or Bush after Manning in early 2nd round. Mid to late 2nd is a great spot to start nabbing top WR's.

What about R. Brown?

If you have all those backs ranked around the same, then take Manning or the top WR and you may start a run on the WR position at least and maybe one of those backs might fall, or at least one with comparible value.

What about McGahee or Maroney? gone?

If you have all those backs ranked around the same, then take Manning or the top WR and you may start a run on the WR position at least and maybe one of those backs might fall, or at least one with comparible value.

What about McGahee or Maroney? gone?

McGahee, Bush and Maroney should be gone by 14. At what point does Manning become a value pick that can't be passed up? I think second round, but not at 14.

I would suggest wr and in the 3rd pick the rb that slides

Personally, I took a trade down to late second round.

best of luck.

I am drafting 8th in my 10 team redraft and I see it this way.

1. I am not taking Manning at 13 although I would expect him to go earlier.

2. If its completely a RB fest then I probably will look to go #1 receiver . (either SS or CJ) This could create a run on receivers which typically start at that point anyways and provide better RB value coming back.

3. If Manning and a WR go before 13 which is possible that could leave me looking at a pretty nice back. ie (Rudi, McGahee, etc) which would be tough to pass up.

One of the reasons I would prefer to go RB-RB this year is that there are at least 5 receivers that could all be #1's - really no clearcut top guy.

EB

I'm drafting #7/10 and looking at Westy or FWP in round 1. It's a QB-happy league (6pts all td's), so I know Manning will be gone and at least 1 WR in the top 13 picks. I'm nearly certain that Maroney or Mcgahee will be available in round 2. I've done a boatload of mocks and have seen Bush and Henry fall to 14, but I doubt that will happen in my league. If I'm wrong on Larry & Willis - I'll probably take Edge over most of the guys you mentioned.

I am drafting 8th in my 10 team redraft and I see it this way.

1. I am not taking Manning at 13 although I would expect him to go earlier.

2. If its completely a RB fest then I probably will look to go #1 receiver . (either SS or CJ) This could create a run on receivers which typically start at that point anyways and provide better RB value coming back.

3. If Manning and a WR go before 13 which is possible that could leave me looking at a pretty nice back. ie (Rudi, McGahee, etc) which would be tough to pass up.

One of the reasons I would prefer to go RB-RB this year is that there are at least 5 receivers that could all be #1's - really no clearcut top guy.

EB

Agree with most of what you're saying here. In my league, though, I expect the first 13 picks to be RB's, incl Rudi, McGahee and Bush. I don't want to take a potential bust (Brown, Edge, Benson MJD) over established studs like CJ, S. Smith or Manning.

I agree. For me there is definitely a bit of a dropoff after the first 12-13 RB's. Not saying some of the later guys won't be good but definitely more risk! Having a starting combo of Parker/CJ or Westbrook/SS sure looks pretty strong.

EB

I agree. For me there is definitely a bit of a dropoff after the first 12-13 RB's. Not saying some of the later guys won't be good but definitely more risk! Having a starting combo of Parker/CJ or Westbrook/SS sure looks pretty strong.

EB

bump