Sign in to follow this  
thill

how much does 6pts PaTD and -2 Int change qb drafting?

for 10 years i have played in a local 10 team league with "conventional" scoring of 4pts for a passing td and -1 pt for an int.

now i am playing in a 12 team league with 6 pts per passing td and -2 per int. i used to always draft rb in my first 2-3 spots (started 3 rbs b/c of 10 teams), and would always be satisfied to get my qb in round 6 or later.

but now i am wondering if i should be grabbing a qb earlier in these spots. maybe, if draft position warrents, taking manning or palmer or brady in round 2. especially a guy who doesn't throw a lot of ints. thoughts?

i have never played in a league with 6 pts for ALL TDs... but i think the rules coupled with a large deduction for INTs pretty warrants that you must draft a QB within the first 4 rounds... i believe this makes peyton worth a first round pick..

i myself would still hesitate pulling the trigger... but if you don't get a manning/brady/palmer you will be at a huge dissadvantage

A real league uses 6 point TDs and -2 for ints. You are an idiot and play in a fake league. Why in the hell would a TD ever be worth 4 points?

Not a whole lot. TD's are still worth the same for all QB's. The only thing I would watch is drafting a guy like Kitna. He might throw for 4,000 yards and 22 TD's, but he's also going to throw 22 INT's.

A real league uses 6 point TDs and -2 for ints. You are an idiot and play in a fake league. Why in the hell would a TD ever be worth 4 points?

It's called FANTASY football smart guy.

i have never played in a league with 6 pts for ALL TDs... but i think the rules coupled with a large deduction for INTs pretty warrants that you must draft a QB within the first 4 rounds... i believe this makes peyton worth a first round pick..

i myself would still hesitate pulling the trigger... but if you don't get a manning/brady/palmer you will be at a huge dissadvantage

the cbs free leagues use this format as well, so i have joined a couple to bone up. league 1 i had pick #2 so i didn't sniff those 3 qbs, they were gone by my #2 pick. ended up with alex smith because bots took 2nd qbs when i didn't expect them too. 2nd i had the #6 pick and manning went #5 and palmer and brady were gone by my next pick. held out a couple rounds and ended up with romo, but i don't like his ints.

real draft is this weekend, but i don't know if i could take manning before the top 5 rbs.

This is where we all said, "Duh."

thanks for your top notch information :headbanger:

Why is someone an idiot based on their league scoring rules? I think PPR leagues are gayer than all get-out, but if everyone agrees on the rules who cares?

a lot of leagues used 4 pts per passing td. 6 pts were awarded for rushing and running, but only 4 for passing. i don't think that is that unusual.