Sign in to follow this  
Dalebob

Microsoft Visual Basic Error in Draft Buddy

I am using Office 2007. I have turned off all macro security and enabled all trust zones.

When I select "Setup Draft Buddy" I get this error:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '1004':

Cannot run Visual Basic macro because of a syntax error.

Any thoughts?

Hi Dalebob. Sorry for the slow reply, but I've been messing around with my copy of Excel 2007 to see what you've done in turning off the macro security. Are you sure you want to do that? If you set it to "Disable all macros with notification", then you just need to enable after opening the file by clicking the message bar across the upper-middle of the screen. At that point, then you also know for sure that macros are enabled.

Normally this type of error happens when the Buddy Setup just doesn't run because Buddy can't find the Compiler. Try opening the Compiler, and opening Draft Buddy so they are both open at the same time. Then go to the setup tab in Buddy and hit Setup Draft Buddy. Does that work?

Thanks for the info Mike. I changed the setting back to "Disable all macros with notification", and when prompted I enable the macro. However, I am still getting the error.

Should I redownload the Compiler and Draft Buddy? Is it possible that I screwed up something in the macro programming?

Well, I wouldn't think so since I password protect it. Did you change the filename of the Compiler? Check that the Compiler filename specified on the setup tab in Buddy is exactly correct, including the .xlsm on the end.