Sign in to follow this  
dowata

Where did I go wrong?

For the most part, I am liking my team. However, I am pretty week on WR. Any thoughts on where I went wrong on drafting or how to correct my WR issue. 10 man team, drafted #8, PPR league.

1.8 - Brian Westbrook

2.3 - Marvin Harrison

3.8 - Carson Palmer

4.3 - Antonio Gates

5.8 - Thomas Jones

6.3 - Chicago Bears

7.8 - Vincent Jackson

8.3 - Deuce McCallister (steal in this round)

9.8 - Santonio Holmes

10.3 - Ahman Green (steal in this round)

11.8 - JP Loseman

12.3 - DJ Hackett

13.8 - Ronald Curry

14.3 - Olinde Mare

15.8 - Owen Daniels

I will help with your team. Thanks in advance

I don't think you went wrong anywhere here. You have obviously great RB's. You have the 2nd best QB. As for your WR's, you have Marvin Harrison who is a legitimate #1, Gates who scores like a #2 WR, Vincent Jackson who's been hyped, and Santonio Holmes who has nowhere to go but up. If you really wanna know how you could've gotten better WR depth I would say if you held off on QB till the next round, then you could've gotten someone like Donald Driver and your QB would've been someone like Matt Hasselbeck. I like the roster the way it is

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=283376

What WR was available when you took Gates? I too like your team. Perhaps you could have dropped down a tier in TE to get a better WR, but Hackett will be a nice sleeper for you.

My question is how did you get Deuce and TJones so late ?? I hope you can start more RBs than WR, though

What WR was available when you took Gates? I too like your team. Perhaps you could have dropped down a tier in TE to get a better WR, but Hackett will be a nice sleeper for you.

The next WRs that went were Evans, Boldin, Ward, Johnson, and Moss. I have become disillusioned with lackluster WR performance and was hoping to take the cream of the crop in each area. Antonio Gates is just like a WR and there really is no other that compares. I was hoping to rebound on some sleepers but am not sure how it will actually work out.

My question is how did you get Deuce and TJones so late ?? I hope you can start more RBs than WR, though

Where my strategy was to take the best I could in each position, it created several little runs on positions sooner than it should have. In the confusion, a few quality RBs were left behind which I picked up. I think this is where my strategy fell apart on picking up WRs. It is a standard 2 RB, 3 WR league.

I would have said you went wrong by waiting so long to fill out your RB stable, but man, you got some steals late. I say you're looking pretty strong. You took some risks by waiting for RB's and it seems to have payed off. A lot will hinge on how Ahman Green does.

Please See Mine