Sign in to follow this  
wggierhart

gore or addai?

I would REALLY appreciate feedback here. I have the 4th pick tomorrow in a 10 man point per reception leauge. Do I take Gore or Addai. Leave a link I WILL answer yours. Thanks in advance

Gore carries some risk but is a more talented player than Addai. He's more of a home run threat to be sure.

Addai has better players around him, better QB and could have a pre-injury Edge type season.

Both will catch a ton of balls. I think Addai will catch more. Only problem I see with Addai is in the red zone. Manning loves to throw in the red zone and Addai will be one of many targets there.

I Gore better though. And I like LJ better than both. He'll be there. Take him.

I agree, if LJ falls (which he might) jump on him. If not I'd go Addai. Gore just makes me nervous this year. Too much hype and too many question marks with SF.

Thanks for looking at mine!

I would REALLY appreciate feedback here. I have the 4th pick tomorrow in a 10 man point per reception leauge. Do I take Gore or Addai. Leave a link I WILL answer yours. Thanks in advance

I am also in a 10-person PPR league, and I chose Addai over Gore. The reasons I did so were as follows:

Addai

-------

Positives:

1. The unquestioned feature back behind one of the best offensive lines (even with the loss of Glenn).

2. Receptions.

3. Excellent supporting cast (e.g. he is not the focal point of the offense).

Negatives:

1. Has not been a feature back.

2. Manning seems to throw inside the 10-yard line more often than other QBs, so Addai might lose a few "gimme" TDs. I could be totally delusional, though.

Gore

------

Positives:

1. The unquestioned feature back behind a decent offensive line.

2. Receptions.

Negatives:

1. Supporting cast is not so great, so teams can focus on him (more than they do Addai).

2. Injury history, although to be fair, Addai has an injury history as well.

Hope this helps; and best of luck with your draft tomorrow :doublethumbsup:

This is a no brainer in my world. You take Gore. Gore has the "it" factor. He wants the ball every time the ball is snapped. He has a fire and proved he can carry the team on his back last year. Addai, although he put up good numbers last year, did it coming off the bench. He did not have to carry the ball 25-30 times a game. He is essentially unproven in my book. You take Gore. Best of luck!

I would take Addai. the Colts are very balanced so opposing D's cannot really focus on taking away the run. In SF the box will be stacked alot more. Addai showed last year that he is capable of being a fantasy stud and that was with another Rb stealing carries. Addai seems like more of the sure thing than Gore coinsidering injury history as well.