Sign in to follow this  
CowboysFan

Drafting #12 out of 12

Drafting #12 out of 12, standard scoring (no TE/Flex). Our league rules will allow me to keep Brandon Jacobs as my 5th round pick. Here's the strategy I'm going with on Tuesday. Let me know what you think.

Round 1 - RB - Parker or Bush if available, otherwise Rudi Johnson or Travis Henry.

Round 2 - WR - 99% sure this will be the first WR off the board. Going Chad Johnson or Steve Smith

Round 3 - QB - Hoping for Palmer, Brady, or Bulger (Manning will be gone, Brees kept by other team)

Round 4 - WR - Best Available

Round 5 - RB - Brandon Jacobs as my keeper

Round 6 - RB - Best Available

Round 7 - WR - Best Available

Rounds 8 - 14 Best Available

Round 15 - Kicker

Round 16 - Defense

Drafting #12 out of 12, standard scoring (no TE/Flex). Our league rules will allow me to keep Brandon Jacobs as my 5th round pick. Here's the strategy I'm going with on Tuesday. Let me know what you think.

Round 1 - RB - Parker or Bush if available, otherwise Rudi Johnson or Travis Henry.

Round 2 - WR - 99% sure this will be the first WR off the board. Going Chad Johnson or Steve Smith

Round 3 - QB - Hoping for Palmer, Brady, or Bulger (Manning will be gone, Brees kept by other team)

Round 4 - WR - Best Available

Round 5 - RB - Brandon Jacobs as my keeper

Round 6 - RB - Best Available

Round 7 - WR - Best Available

Rounds 8 - 14 Best Available

Round 15 - Kicker

Round 16 - Defense

just drafted today. The dude picking #12 took Bush then Parker at #13.

Rudi went #8, Henry went #14

Then he wen't Bulger in the 3rd, Gates with the next pick @ 4.1 (manning/palmer/breese/brady/romo were all gone by mid 3rd)

I picked from the 12th spot and went Harrison then Holt. We only need to play 1 RB (although the flex spot can be RB/WR). I then took Thomas Jones at the end of the 3rd and McNabb to start the 4th. I got Brandon Jacobs at the end of the 5th and Ahman Green in the 6th. My other two WR's are Chambers and Derrick Bowe.

It was risky but by taking two WR's I basically started the WR run that continued through the second and third rounds. I like having TJ/Jacobs/Harrison/Holt instead of having Willie Parker/TJ/Harrison/Houshmanzadeh. Just my 2 cents!

I picked from the 12th spot and went Harrison then Holt. We only need to play 1 RB (although the flex spot can be RB/WR). I then took Thomas Jones at the end of the 3rd and McNabb to start the 4th. I got Brandon Jacobs at the end of the 5th and Ahman Green in the 6th. My other two WR's are Chambers and Derrick Bowe.

It was risky but by taking two WR's I basically started the WR run that continued through the second and third rounds. I like having TJ/Jacobs/Harrison/Holt instead of having Willie Parker/TJ/Harrison/Houshmanzadeh. Just my 2 cents!

Are you aware Holt wont be 100% all year? You traded the chance of having Parker instead of Jacobs who never has carried the load a whole season??? Wow very brave plus Housh should have a better year than Holt!

Thanks for the responses.

I originally thought about going WR/WR since a guy in our league was in the same boat last year and that's what he did, but after reviewing last year (he kept Parker in the 5th last year), but his team didn't finish in the top 5 because he didn't have much to choose from in the 3rd for RB. I decided it was better to grab one of the good RBs left at the end of #1 and then get the best WR. I would like Parker to fall to me at #12, but highly doubt he will.

As for Holt, I also had thought about picking him as the first WR, but then heard about his injury and not being 100% all year, so that's why I was thinking C. Johnson.

just drafted today. The dude picking #12 took Bush then Parker at #13.

Rudi went #8, Henry went #14

Then he wen't Bulger in the 3rd, Gates with the next pick @ 4.1 (manning/palmer/breese/brady/romo were all gone by mid 3rd)

Wow surprised tha Parker is still there at #13 even Bush at #12 . I dont think u usually get Parker after 6 good for him .