Sign in to follow this  
Dan6

Which WR least likely to break out?

This is kind of a team management question, but Ill keep it vague enough.

I need to get rid of one of these guys, Anthony Gonzalez, Demetrius Williams, Jacoby Jones, or James Jones. Which one is least likely to break out THIS year? I like the Jones boys, so it's likely going to be Gonzalez or Williams. I could see Gonzalez posting solid numbers if Wayne/Harrison were to get hurt. Williams I think has potential but it will likely be limited by the Baltimore offense and Steve McNair. Any thoughts?

IMO....Williams and James Jones are still a year away. Mason still demanding catches at BAL and Clayton poised to be the next #1. James Jones will take a season (or a half) to overtake Jennings. Depth gives Gonzalez and Jacoby Jones more opportunities this year. However, if you get points for retuens, Jacoby Jone's value could increase.

No return yards.

I was thinking Williams because, when is he going to be startable? At least Gonzalez could be worth a start if Wayne/Marvin get hurt. Williams is going to be inconsistent and quiet quite a few weeks.

Unless Mason gets injured I think you're on the right track with Williams being the weakest link here. James Jones will get more looks as the #3 since they have no TE to speak of. Also could take over #2 from Jennings before the season is over. As mentioned, Heap is option #2 or #3 in BAL.

Demetrius should of broken out by now. The three other WRs have not had an opportunity to break out.

Drop Demetrius. Who are you looking to add in his place??

We start D and ST as independant units, so I need to drop a guy to add a ST for Week 1. 20 man rosters, my WR are Evans, Ward, Henderson, Hackett, Gonzalez, Jacoby, James Jones, and Demetrius.

Williams is your guy. Give Burleson, SEA, a look for your ST guy (unless it's a team deal). Burleson is in a WRBC with Hackett so may get several looks and is also the KR and PR.