Sign in to follow this  
brentleim

Jamal Lewis

Ok... he ran for 215 yards on a horrible Cincy Defense and he ran for 35 on a great Pitt defense with different qbs a the helm...

If he could finish the season with a paultry 80 yards per game and a td every other game... he would still end up with 1360 yards and about 8 touchdowns...

I really think that that is easily achievable and could easily be rb2 status...

thoughts

once i saw ur sig, i was like, "dam this guy is in a pickle", and thats y ur having high hopes on jamal, i would say its more wishful thinking...im gunning for him though, hes my no.2 till jacobs is back, or till portis goes down

He only ran the ball 11 times against Pitt as well. The Browns 2nd half schedule lightens up considerably. I'm keeping him as my RB 3 in both of the leagues I drafted him in unless someone comes at me with a very nice offer. The Browns line is better. The Pitt game is the first game the line played together and no one on that team was ready that day. Lewis lost 12 lbs, had bone spurs removed from his ankle and looked a lot quicker in preseason. Say what you want about the Cincy D, but Lewis Outran their secondary on the 66 yard TD run and had a couple of other long runs where his quickness showed. Lewis is also the man in Cleveland. No RBBC. Take a look around the league and see how many RB's are the man on their team, are part of the passing game (yes, he is getting receptions), and have a relatively favorable 2nd half schedule. You won't find too many.

The Browns 2nd half schedule lightens up considerably.

Im keeping him also... weeks 15,16,17 are pretty light... and they play cincy in 16... FF gold

I'm pretty close to making the call to play JLew this week at Oakland and sit Edge at Baltimore.

I wanna do it, but I know as soon as I do, say hello to 35 yards and 0 TDs.

:dunno:

Both of the leagues I have Lewis in allow us to start 3 RB's, so he's starting unless it's a terrible matchup. The Browns offense will be alright. Romeo jerked the QB's around more than I jerked off in junior high and Romeo ruined Frye. Frye was constantly looking over his shoulder after every play and that is never good for a QB. Anderson is the guy now, so that brings some stability. The line has been together for two games now and should improve. The line really wasn't that bad against Pitt. Frye held onto the ball a little too long and INT's, fumbles, and dropped passes, turned the game into a rout early. Edwards, Winslow, and Jurevicious are a decent set of skill players. Unless Anderson completely tanks, Lewis should have adequate running room. He's not going to be a #1 back, but he could be a very nice #2 back, especially during the 2nd half of the season.

He's good for 1 or 2 pops a season, get a sucker to take him in a trade. His numbers will be less than half of what we saw yesterday.

DUH! I don't think anyone expects him to run for 215 yards every game. Half of 215 = 107.5. I would be pretty happy getting 80 yards and 2 or 3 receptions out of my #2 back, let alone #3 back.