Sign in to follow this  
texasclaw

Let's talk TE people

My draft strategy was to wait and wait and wait and wait on TE. And this strategy yielded me the uberstudmuffin Bo Scaife who has completely shat himself in 2 weeks putting up a pathetic 1 pt. Now it's time to up the ante...

Buy low:

Vernon

Tony G

and what it takes to get them........

Waivers:

Mercedes

Pope

Pollard

Graham

King

and why they'll step up...

if Tony Scheffler is on the WW, pick him up.

He's still learning how to play after his foot injury.

Once he is activated, he'll be a monster!

I am in need of a tight end right now too. On waivers I like Pollard and Pope. I think Pope has got a chance to do well after his bye week (of course watch to see how Arizona and its WRs are doing) because his schedule eases up. I like Pollard's matchups for the next couple games. And, the Seattle WRs haven't been great so Hasselbeck may look to him. I think Desmond Clark could be there if Grossman struggles to find the end zone anymore. Mercedes Lewis might be worth picking up after his bye week, he is good but I am not going after another Jaguar until they do something I like (see MJD).

Late in the season I think rookies Greg Olsen and Zach Miller should be watched too.

As for looking at trades. I'd stay away from Tony G.. His value is higher than it should be because he was probably the second drafted TE in most leagues. KC offense has issues, but people might not be willing to trade for him because they took him too high. I like Vernon Davis, I think a #3 RB would get you him and it would be worth it if you are set with your RBs.

My thoughts, and attempt to get some conversation going.

Oh, I think TEs are a crap fantasy position unless you have Antonio Gates.

if Tony Scheffler is on the WW, pick him up.

He's still learning how to play after his foot injury.

Once he is activated, he'll be a monster!

Hey BIGPete.........Can you expand on his injury etc? I had this guy at the end of last yr and he was picking up speed. But, the addition of Graham drove me away. The idea of learning how to play after an injury doesn't sound so good though...

Hey BIGPete.........Can you expand on his injury etc? I had this guy at the end of last yr and he was picking up speed. But, the addition of Graham drove me away. The idea of learning how to play after an injury doesn't sound so good though...

I too had Tony S at the end of last year and was also scared off by Graham and the injury. What have you seen Pete to indiciate a monster year?

I too had Tony S at the end of last year and was also scared off by Graham and the injury. What have you seen Pete to indiciate a monster year?

Bump..What say you Big Pete?

Donald Lee? He's the new Bubba Franks in GB. Not much yards but he will end up with 3-6 TDs this year.

maybe Bubba is the new Bubba with 2 TDs?

Owen Daniels could be a pretty decent sleeper in that offense this year

I traded for him a few weeks ago in my Dynasty... wasn't 100% comfortable with Alge in Atlanta after the way they started the season and I think with all the texans WR's goin down they have to throw to someone ya know ? Then again this could hurt him, but targets are all you can ask for from a TE and only a handful of TE's had more targets than Daniels yesterday and with 7 targets and 7 catches maybe Shaub will start leaning on him more.... :doublethumbsup: