Sign in to follow this  
the_future420

I have some pieces, Help me I help U

So I had a waiver claim in to pick up Brandon Jacobs and drop Brandon Jackson and the claim just went through. Looking at my team (in my sig), I am loaded at RB, maybe even too loaded considering we can only start 3 at max per week and I will rarely if ever bench LJ or Henry. Obviously I'm not that strong at receiver, so I would maybe like to upgrade there although I do think I have a couple nice sleepers currently. What I really want to do is sacrifice some of my depth to load up on some studs.

Another thing is that I am only carrying one QB,TE,K and DEF so I need to free up a few roster spots in order to pick these players up as needed.

Here are a few trades I am considering making:

A. Boldin + L. Jordan for B. Westbrook

If I made this trade, I would have 3 certified STUDS (ppr league) at RB though I would definitely take a hit at WR by losing Boldin. If I did this trade, it would still leave me with Brandon Jacobs and Thomas Jones on the Bench to possibly swing a deal later to upgrade at WR.

T. Jones + J. Jones for L. Evans

Trying to buy low here, and especially if I make that first deal, I'm going to need to pick up a WR. I think the L. Evans owner would be willing to trade, hoping that could get it done. T. Jones probably wouldnt see the field on my team.

Br. Marshall + T. Jones for J. Walker

As high as I am on Marshall, I think this would be a good trade to the J. Walker owner who is hurting for RB depth. He has T. Bell as his #2 RB right now <_<

Just a few ideas I am thinking of, but if you guys see any type of trades I can make let me know, I know this is a long post so I appreciate those who read it. Leave a link and I'll help with yours.

With this many moving pieces, it might be a good idea to use a "trading block" approach. Let your entire league know that you are looking to make some moves in the RB/WR realm, and invite them to make offers for guys they like. It's always vital to figure out who they like on your squad. Offering 2-for-1 trades is always difficult, but it becomes immensely easier if you know that somebody has a man-crush on Thomas Jones or Boldin. In your situation, I also wouldn't be opposed to moving Henry to get a top-3 WR like Smith. You have depth at RB, and sometimes that means trading your top guys and using your depth rather than trying to trade the scraps. That being said, for a guy like Henry you'd need to land a stud WR.

If you can get Javon Walker, that's what I'd do. You have already said you are too deep at RB so I'm not sure I'll pull off a trade for another RB unless you just feel that you can unload him later for something really big.

I agree that I would do the third one given what you have on your team. I might also consider the first one, but I think you'd be offering to much to get Lee Evans in the second one.

Yeah, I wouldn't deal Boldin and think your 3rd option looks the best. Walker would be a steal.

Julius Jones (IMO) has very little value right now so moving him & TJ for Evans makes some sense also. I have JJ and am getting no takers whatsoever so you will have to package him to move him.

I think you and I are using the same approach so I like yoor thinking. The hardest part is getting people to think the same way. Continue looking for someone who has RB issues (Brandon Jacobs owner perhaps) and see if they'll bite.

GL

---

Thx fo answering mine already

I would rank these trades:

#3 would provide the most benefit for you, imo.

That was very confusing. I don't know which trade you're talking about :lol:

Thanks for mine.. #3 is the best value if you can get the other ower to take it.. but #1 isn't too bad either.. but I would try to work sooner than later on filling Boldins spot with Jacobs/Jones like you said..

Yeah, I wouldn't deal Boldin and think your 3rd option looks the best. Walker would be a steal.

Julius Jones (IMO) has very little value right now so moving him & TJ for Evans makes some sense also. I have JJ and am getting no takers whatsoever so you will have to package him to move him.

I think you and I are using the same approach so I like yoor thinking. The hardest part is getting people to think the same way. Continue looking for someone who has RB issues (Brandon Jacobs owner perhaps) and see if they'll bite.

GL

---

Thx fo answering mine already

Thanks for the input

That's actually James Jones from GB in that deal :lol:

And I'm the Brandon Jacobs owner as I just picked him up off the waiver wire. I am thinking of sending him to the Ward owner for Andre Johnson. Doubt he will go for it, but he is already loaded at WR.

Of the three deals you posted I liked the third the best.

You might also consider dealing D Foster...I personally hate the RB by committee, you just don't know who to plug in Foster or D Williams.

JSP

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=288837

Thanks and I already replied to yours. I am going to try to trade D. Foster probably to the De. Williams owner for O. Daniels. If I dont trade him soon I will have to drop him as soon as a bye week hits, so might as well get some value now.

I would only consider the 3rd deal because Walker improves your WR corps immensely but doesn't hurt your current RB situation.

I think Evans is in for a rough ride all year long so I would not look to him to improve your team - the Bill just look to be in turmoil this year.

Trade 1- i think that is too much for Westbrook. I think L. Jordan will catch just as many balls as westbrook, and i think they will have similar numbers with westbrook having the better of the two. However, when you throw in Boldin then you are really getting ripped off i believe. So, I say NO to TADE 1

Trade 2- I think you are giving up too much for evans as well. T. Jones is going to have a good week this week. He was still hurt a little in the first week and got all the carries lw against the Ravens. Him getting all the carries is a good sign. Jones value will raise i beleive, Im trying to get him in one of my leagues bc of this. J. Jones will improve. I believe u can get evans cheaper next week. He play NEP and will probably have a bad game.

Trade 3- I like this option the best. B. marshall has good upside and has produce the past 2 weeks but I would still rather have Den. number 1 wr. I think this trade is good for both teams.

thanks for answering mine.

I thought the 3rd one might be worthwhile, but since that is off the table, I feel like the other two you're giving up too much. Lee Evans is not as bad as he's shown, but neither is Thomas Jones. Jones should at the very least be able to net you a borderline 1/2 receivers just by himself. Granted at this point, Julius Jones is going to be pretty useless (Thank you Marion Barber). As for the first one, I don't see Jordan being a flash in the pan, so you're probably paying too high of a price.