Sign in to follow this  
DamageIncVacc

Vernand Morency

Vernand Morency - RB - Packers

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated Thursday that Vernand Morency (knee) could miss several more games, saying that "another week or two will help him."

"I think he clearly can see the light at the end of the tunnel," McCarthy said. "If this were a playoff game he would be out there playing. We want to make sure he's clearly 100 percent." DeShawn Wynn will continue to replace Morency in tandem with Brandon Jackson. Sep. 21 - 9:38 a.m. ET

Vernand Morency - RB - Packers

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated Thursday that Vernand Morency (knee) could miss several more games, saying that "another week or two will help him."

"I think he clearly can see the light at the end of the tunnel," McCarthy said. "If this were a playoff game he would be out there playing. We want to make sure he's clearly 100 percent." DeShawn Wynn will continue to replace Morency in tandem with Brandon Jackson. Sep. 21 - 9:38 a.m. ET

Vernand Morency (knee) is listed as doubtful for Week 3.

Morency has a 25 percent chance to play against the Chargers.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

When and IF Vernand does get back to 100%, how do you see him contributing? Is the the #1 back or is it RBBC?

I think it depends on how Wynn does in the interim. Jackson doesn't have what it takes right now... If Wynn comes out and tears it up consistently I'd say it's a RBBC. If not, then it may be given to Morency. Kind of a waiting game at this point...

Just wish they'd rule him out rather than questionable so I could put him on IR in the meantime.

We can do IR if they are Doubtful, so at least they've put him in that category.

Even if/when Morency makes it back, what has he ever proven?

If neither Wynn nor BJax grab hold of the job and Morency doesn't produce either, could the Packers possibly be a landing spot for....

....Ricky Williams? :blink:

I know it's a reach but IF Ricky gets reinstated, Cam Cameron will release him and then Ricky would be a FA available to a RB-starved team.

Favre was complaining earlier in the offseason that management didn't add any weapons (Randy Moss). Would Ricky count as adding a weapon for Favre?

I have no idea what Ricky could do anymore as a RB and there are obviously a lot of IFs in this hypothetical but Ricky is still only 30 years old and has had the last 2 years off to rest and master yoga...........and smoke weed.

Anyone see Ricky making it back anywhere (let alone to the Pack)?

Reports say that he is still in good shape as the CFL kept him conditioned enough to still be a viable RB in the NFL. Ricky is still gushing with talent but lacks drive and work ethic, when he is reinstated the Dolphins will immediately rid themselves of him and there could be a couple teams looking to acquire his services. Remember that while he is still 30 years old he really is 27 in RB years, he hasn't had that many carries and having a couple years off the wear and tear of the NFL can either make him into LenWhale White or rejuvenate his body.

The Cincinnati Bengals need a back up RB to spell Rudi Johnson, with Kenny Irons blowing out his knee Rudi has to be on the field all the time. I am sure the Bengals are worried about over working him as he has had 300+ carries the last 3 years. Williams could be a viable back up option to relieve some pressure off of Rudi and keep him fresh towards the end of the season.

Obviously the Green Bay Packers will be looking for something as they probably don't feel comfortable with their back field. Brandon Jackson has looked horrible, Morency is dealing with nagging injuries and Wynn is a big question mark. Ricky can step right in if he is in fact his old self and I can see him taking a whole bunch of carries as his talent is leaps and bounds above the RB's GB has at their disposal right now.

Reports say that he is still in good shape as the CFL kept him conditioned enough to still be a viable RB in the NFL. Ricky is still gushing with talent but lacks drive and work ethic, when he is reinstated the Dolphins will immediately rid themselves of him and there could be a couple teams looking to acquire his services. Remember that while he is still 30 years old he really is 27 in RB years, he hasn't had that many carries and having a couple years off the wear and tear of the NFL can either make him into LenWhale White or rejuvenate his body.

The Cincinnati Bengals need a back up RB to spell Rudi Johnson, with Kenny Irons blowing out his knee Rudi has to be on the field all the time. I am sure the Bengals are worried about over working him as he has had 300+ carries the last 3 years. Williams could be a viable back up option to relieve some pressure off of Rudi and keep him fresh towards the end of the season.

Obviously the Green Bay Packers will be looking for something as they probably don't feel comfortable with their back field. Brandon Jackson has looked horrible, Morency is dealing with nagging injuries and Wynn is a big question mark. Ricky can step right in if he is in fact his old self and I can see him taking a whole bunch of carries as his talent is leaps and bounds above the RB's GB has at their disposal right now.

We are only two weeks into the season and those guys are rookies ( Jackson and Wynn ) playing on a team with one of the worst OL so give them a break.

If Morency ever comes back the upside for him will be third down back at best.

He lloked terrible in the CFL so i dont think Williams would be a factor . There is no such thing as 30 to 27 tears old in RB age .

It would mean that LJ is about 35 years old in RB age with the carries he got .

If Morency ever comes back the upside for him will be third down back at best.

You are going to have to understand various portions of the string theory to see how quickly Morency will become the featured back in Green Bay when he comes back. Wynn I would hold onto in a keeper league but start looking for a trading partner for Jackson.