Sign in to follow this  
Lavard

Seriously - when is it Griese time

they cant continue with Grossman for much longer can they? I mean really...

Griese makes good throw, and with a team with that D (one in which he has never had), he just needs ot rely on his experience to score a few points and unite an offense that is DYING for a spark.

Bottom line - Griese in means good news for Berrian owners - this kid is waiting to happen, just needs someone to get him the ball.

I have Berrian, so I want nothing more then for him to be a stud...that said, not so fast on that actually occuring.

after 3 games, top 3 targets on the team:

Berrian 27

Mushin 18

Clark 12

If Griese doesnt come in and favor Berrian like rex does now, im not so certain is an improvment for berrian yet.

they cant continue with Grossman for much longer can they? I mean really...

Griese makes good throw, and with a team with that D (one in which he has never had), he just needs ot rely on his experience to score a few points and unite an offense that is DYING for a spark.

Bottom line - Griese in means good news for Berrian owners - this kid is waiting to happen, just needs someone to get him the ball.

I would rather see Orton in there than Griese. This is Orton's 3rd year with the Bears, so he knows the offense now. When he started 3 years ago, it was his rookie year, and he was forced into the role after our #1 and #2 QBs went down. He was still new to the offense and the speed of the NFL. The Bears had to scale the offense back and asked him not to lose games. That is what he did. Now 3 years later, he deserves a shot to run this offense.

I would rather see Orton in there than Griese. This is Orton's 3rd year with the Bears, so he knows the offense now. When he started 3 years ago, it was his rookie year, and he was forced into the role after our #1 and #2 QBs went down. He was still new to the offense and the speed of the NFL. The Bears had to scale the offense back and asked him not to lose games. That is what he did. Now 3 years later, he deserves a shot to run this offense.

As a Bears homer, I amlost threw up in my mouth reading this.

Orton is brutal. Sure he did not throw many INTs, but thats because he only attempts 8 passes/game & most were screens. Orton is not the future starter, he is the 3rd QB for life. The Bears won w/ Orton due to their D, getting fortunate big plays every game, and every bounce going their way. The current Bears teams is not getting any breaks, and the D is underachieving by it's recent standards.

As a Bears homer, I amlost threw up in my mouth reading this.

Orton is brutal. Sure he did not throw many INTs, but thats because he only attempts 8 passes/game & most were screens. Orton is not the future starter, he is the 3rd QB for life. The Bears won w/ Orton due to their D, getting fortunate big plays every game, and every bounce going their way. The current Bears teams is not getting any breaks, and the D is underachieving by it's recent standards.

And like I said, he was a rookie. Hell, he was still in school 4 months before. If you are talking future of this org, it definitely ISN'T Griese. Yes he is a 3rd stringer, but, Grossman is still running a scaled down vanilla offense 4 years into his career. Many doubted Romo coming in off the bench as a 4 year back-up, but look now. I'm not saying he can or will be our future, but, don't judge his abilities off of that 1st year.