Sign in to follow this  
JesterX911

Drew Brees vs. Philip Rivers

Some guy just offered me Philip Rivers for Drew Brees straight up and I am leaning towards dumping Brees. What do you guys think? Will Brees turn it around and go back into 2006 form? I think I like Rivers better at this point, specially with Deuce gone for the year now...

I think I would.. Rivers is not too special, but he's pretty solid in the point dept. most weeks.. Brees has to be losing you games all by himelf so far. Bress upside may be higher.. if the 'Aints have to rally from behind in every game, but you have to seriously consider the fact that they'll just be plain horrible all year long.

Look at schedules and see if one has a much easier road after NO is back from their bye.. but even so, i'd prob. take Rivers for him right now.

I'm not a big fan of dumping explosive players after the 3rd week of the season and I consider Brees to be an explosive player. Also, I'm not a fan of selling low. Don't you have a backup QB that you can ride until, say, after the 6th week (2 more games for Brees) to see if he and the Saints get things turned around? Payton is a VERY good offense coach, so there is a good chance things get righted on offense for the Saints.

If he starts lighting it up, you will be kicking yourself. Why do you think the other owner wants him?

Hold on to Breese, NO bye week is perfect timing for Peyton to turn the O around, see how he looks weeks 5-7 before losing him now.

This is a really simple decision that you'll have to make for yourself... One guy could be a huge point scorer -or- a season killer. The other guy won't win or lose games by himself... but he should be fairly consistent. Do you want sexy or steady??? :cry:

Just keep in mind: Rivers doesn't have 3 TD games very often. Including last week, going all the way back to the start of last season, his total is...... 2. That doesn't bother me -- I've had QB's ruin my season before, so I appreciate consistency -- but I can certainly see how it could frustrate some.

GOOD LUCK!