Sign in to follow this  
cardinalempire

Welker, Curry, or Berrian?

Another one that I am balking on at the last minute. I was all set to play Welker against that terrible Cincinnati secondary, but thinking more about it I realize that all these guys have great matchups and a chance to make some noise. My thinking:

1) Welker - Great play against CIN, but the #2 guy and isn't getting targets in the red zone. He'll have to score from 20+ or give up the TD's to Moss, Sammie Morris, etc

2) Curry - Decent play against Miami secondary, but Culpepper wasn't targeting him late in that game. Seemed to go to Porter, Jordan, and Madsen. Also, do I want to rely on two Raiders in a week?

3) Berrian - How will Griese affect him? Can this get that elusive TD in his stats column? Detroit is the 2nd worst team against the pass so far this season.

I was all set to play Welker, but the more I think about it the more I wonder if Berrian is the guy. If ever there was a week to start him, this one would be it. That game could turn into a shootout if Kitna flings it around Sunday.

Another one that I am balking on at the last minute. I was all set to play Welker against that terrible Cincinnati secondary, but thinking more about it I realize that all these guys have great matchups and a chance to make some noise. My thinking:

1) Welker - Great play against CIN, but the #2 guy and isn't getting targets in the red zone. He'll have to score from 20+ or give up the TD's to Moss, Sammie Morris, etc

2) Curry - Decent play against Miami secondary, but Culpepper wasn't targeting him late in that game. Seemed to go to Porter, Jordan, and Madsen. Also, do I want to rely on two Raiders in a week?

3) Berrian - How will Griese affect him? Can this get that elusive TD in his stats column? Detroit is the 2nd worst team against the pass so far this season.

I was all set to play Welker, but the more I think about it the more I wonder if Berrian is the guy. If ever there was a week to start him, this one would be it. That game could turn into a shootout if Kitna flings it around Sunday.

I think i would base this decision on the QB throwing to him. Brady has to be the answer.

Please see mine.

I actually think Berrian. With the Bears secondary suffering injuries, Detroit could put up some points and the Bears may have to throw the ball to try to keep up. (And I'm still not sold on Benson being a premiere back who can carry the team by himself.) Add to that that the weak Detroit secondary and Berrian could be in for a bid day.

Brady obviously is a better QB, but the Pats have a ton of weapons.

Mine, thanks: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291493

I would start them in the order you have them. Welker is getting a lot of touches. Curry is the best receiver IMO, but Berrian could really benefit from a new QB. But Id go Welker.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291497 thanks

Welker is a stud in PPR leagues ( :doublethumbsup: ), but without PPR I'd put Berrian on top of this list.

Berrian, Welker, Curry in a non-ppr.

Welker is also a stud cuz I get kick return yards as well. He's just an all around great guy. The gift that keeps on givin. :wub: