Sign in to follow this  
The Train

Roy Williams for Big Ben?

I have a trade offer. He needs a QB. I have good WR depth but currently have Andre out, so that's an issue obviously. So I would love Roy Williams.

So he's offering me Roy Williams for Big Ben.

I have Peyton Manning as my QB, and I really plan on starting him every week, except the BYE. So I don't really need Big Ben per se. He is my only backup QB at this point, but I figure I can get something off the waiver to do during bye week. I should look ahead and see if I have a tough match-up that week. But I really don't mind parting with Ben.

My question is... is this a fair trade. Am I giving too much? Or is this just a sick deal that I should take now? He is hurting in QB and Big Ben is a decent guy to have, so I might be able to steal another guy from him if you think the deal favors him. Specifically, I'd like to rob him of Cooley at TE or his Eagles DEF/ST. My other positions are rock-solid and/or he can't help me in those departments. Let me know what you think I should do.

EDIT: He withdrew the trade before I had a chance to accept. Any idea of what I should do as a counter-offer to get Roy Williams? Or should I not even bother, considering I've already got some decent WRs (once AJ starts I should be gold)?

My team:

Peyton

Javon Walker

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Lamont Jordan

Ahman Green

Edge

His team:

Jason Campbell

Roy Williams

L. Coles

C. Chambers

DJ Hackett

LJ

MJD

Tatum

Leave yours. Also, I just wanted to add something regarding this. A lot of people post to a bunch of "leave yours" topics and expect a two-second response. I WILL respond to yours if you leave a link, but I'll likely take a day or so to respond. Just give me some time before losing it. I'll definitely get it to you by Sunday, so no worries.

I`d do it since as you said Ben would never start. This is Roy`s year. Think it`s a good deal regardless of needs.

does this guy your trading with understand fantasy?

i just gave up Kitna and L.Coles for Roy and though i did good. Is hes not a pittsburg homer than he is retarded

Seems those who said this is a killer trade were right. I don't know if he was smoking pot when he made the offer or something, but I went on to accept it and it turns out he withdrew it! Damn :doublethumbsup:

Anyway, does anyone have any advice on counter-offers? I think he could still use a QB in Big Ben. Should I offer him one of my WR's, such as Javon so he won't lose too much with the Roy trade? Or maybe I can throw in Edge. I'd rather keep Lamont around if at all possible, and I don't think people value him as much as they should in trades, etc.

Of course it begs a bigger question... should I even bother? I've got some decent WR talent and my RB corps is OK as is. Should I take a hit just to get another stud WR? (considering this isn't ppc)