Sign in to follow this  
brentleim

Holt?

I was offered Torry Holt for Jamal Lewis... straight up... and I said no...

I think the Rams offense is so beat up and weak that they wont do anything all year...

am i crazy and is this a classic buy low situation...

This really should have been posted on the "A Little Help" board, but...

If that's your roster in your sig, don't bother chasing Torry Holt. You need to be starting Lewis alongside LT since your other RBs aren't very good. You've got great WRs and Holt would find it hard cracking your starting lineup. RBs are always more valuable than WRs, especially one like Holt with all the issues (knee, bad offense, etc). Lewis should only get better as the Browns offense improves. Stand pat with what you've got.

its definitely a buy-low situation, but only if it makes sense for one's team

and with those top 2 WRs you have, i'd say pretty confidently it doesn't make sense for you

and take it to the right board as mambo said !

First, I wasnt asking for help... i already said NO...

what i was getting at was "what is Holt worth"... has his value gotten so low that he isnt even worth Lewis this year...

Is it really that bad in STL... i say yes and buyer beware with Holt...

i think on name alone you should be able to do better than lewis, but not until he has another good game.

also, would be better in a multi player deal

JMHO :unsure:

has his value gotten so low that he isnt even worth Lewis this year

Value is a relative term. Of value to whom? To an owner like yourself, Holt's value is relatively low, since you have good receivers and no depth at running back; however, to an owner with five or six quality running backs but lacking depth at wide receiver Holt's value is considerably greater. Bottom line: there is no objective value for Torry Holt

The way this NFL season has gone, Ferotte just may come out slinging the rock and actually give Big Game Torry a boost. Stranger things can and ARE happening in the league.

Offensive Line woes, SJ hurt, Bulger beat up, Lord knows they don't have much else to lose. That team may as well go out on its shield.

Air Linehan? :music_guitarred:

As much of a shambles as STL's o-line is right now, you might be better off with Glenn Holt. But still not worth Lewis.